ten.

Renjun thought that they wouldn't have to encounter any problem because he and Donghyuck are happy. He was confident that their relationship would just be about rainbows and sunshines. But he was wrong. He thought he likes surprises, but not those surprises that would break his heart.

It was when he was sketching on his sketchpad Donghyuck gave him when he received a call from his boyfriend's cousin, Jeno.

He stopped what he was doing and picked up his phone, answering the call. "Hello! Jeno?"

[Thank goodness, you answer.]

"Why? What's going on?" Renjun started to get nervous.

[Donghyuck was, uhm...]

Upon hearing his boyfriend's name, Renjun widen his eyes. "What? What happened to Hyuck? Jeno!" His grip on his phone tightened.

He heard a sniffles from the other side of the line. [Renjun-ssi, Donghyuck was s-sent to the hospital. H-he had an accident w-when he was on his way h-home.]

"What..." he breathed.

[W-we were done p-practicing a dance r-routine, and Donghyuck decided to go home b-because he was tired and s-sleepy already. So, we just let him. Heeseung and I stayed h-here at the studio to clean up some m-mess. And then minutes later, his number called me but it was someone else saying that the owner of the p-phone was sent to the hospital b-because...] Jeno's voice was shaking and he was in the verge of crying.

"Because of what? Jeno! Tell me!" Renjun felt like he couldn't move anymore.

[He was s-sent to the h-hospital due to the collision of his car and a fucking huge truck!] The last few words was a bit loud and emphasized.

His heart just broke into pieces. He bit his lips and breathed heavily. "Which hospital?"

[I-I don't know, the p-person who called me didn't even tell w-which hospital. Heeseung k-keeps trying to call Hyuck's number b-but it just said the user can not be reached every time.]

Clenching his fist, Renjun didn't respond and cried already, eyes closed. He then heard Jeno crying, at the other side of the line, as well.

×××

Renjun ran as he entered the hospital. He was greeted by Jeno who was sitting on a waiting bench. The two waved at each other awkwardly.

"Hi." he greeted back.

"Let's go! His room is in the second floor, his parents are already there."

He just nodded and followed Jeno to the elevator. The latter pressed the number and the elevator started going up.

"I was happy when a nurse finally called my number this morning and said that the owner of the phone was okay. She asked for his name for their record so I told her. I informed his parents and you immediately after the call."

Renjun nodded, "Thank you. I'm so excited to see him."

"Me, too. I'm sure he's excited to see you, too."

When they finally reached the second floor, they got out and walked to the room where Donghyuck was staying.

Jeno knocked on the door first before opening it. When they get inside, they saw Donghyuck's mom crying while his dad was comforting her.

"W-what's going on, uncle?" Jeno asked, walking towards them.

Renjun turned to look at the bed where Donghyuck was sleeping. He had a bandage wrapped around his head. He closed his eyes for a bit because it hurts to see him like this.

"The doctor said he's in a coma. And he may not be able to remember us when he wakes up."

Upon hearing that, Renjun clenched his fist. He was about to walked to the bed when he felt himself being pulled by someone into a hug. It was Donghyuck's mom.

"Sweetie, I'm happy you're here." she told him. Renjun just sighed and hugged her back. "Don't leave him, okay?"

"I won't." he muttered.

She pulled away and looked at him, smiling fondly. "You promise."

"I promise, Mama. I will never leave your son, ever."

He turned around and finally approached the bed. When he saw Donghyuck's death-like state, he almost burst into tears. But he can't. No, not when his parents were in the same room as him.

He held his boyfriend's hand and it was warm. He smiled slightly and kissed the back of it. "Wake up, baby, please?" He bit his lower lip. "Don't prank me like this, it isn't funny." He held his tears and bit his lip hard, he can almost taste his blood. "Come on, Hyuckie, I'll take you on a date, I swear. Just wake up, please. I need you to wake up right now!"

Renjun couldn't hold it anymore and cried in front of Donghyuck. He wished he would wake up and hug him, tell him everything's alright, that he's fine, that they can go on a date now. But Donghyuck didn't.

"You're annoying, Donghyuck. But I still love you."
-