thirteen.

Renjun goes back to Donghyuck's hospital room at one in the morning and quietly opens the door. Earlier, after he went to the bathroom, he walked to the garden and stayed there for a while to give himself some fresh air and serenity.

When he enters, he sees them on their positions before Donghyuck woke up; his parents are on the edge of the couch, Jeno is on the other side, and Mark is on the floor. They're all sleeping.

Renjun slowly approaches his sleeping boyfriend. He sits on the chair again and stares at him. He brushes Donghyuck's hair away from beautiful eyes. He looks so peaceful.

He almost froze when Donghyuck suddenly wakes up, his gaze turning to him. Renjun smiles, "Hi, Hyuckie." he whispers.

"Hello, Renjun." he whispers back. "I... had a dream."

"What was it? You can tell me if you want." Renjun responds.

"Uhm..." Donghyuck fidgets on his fingers. "In my dream, I was driving." he begins, still whispering, "I was sleepy yet driving a car. I was in full speed and I keep saying, 'I need to go home now.' repeatedly. My eyes were heavy and my vision were becoming blurry as I continue to drive. And then, some huge truck was coming towards me. I tried to hit the brake but it was too late and everything went black."

Renjun gasps, mouth ajar. "Oh, God. Donghyuck."

"I swear it felt real." Donghyuck pouts. "Why did I have a dream like that?"

"I don't know, baby, I'm sorry. But I'm afraid that wasn't a dream."

Donghyuck just sighs. "I'm scared to sleep again."

Renjun presses his lips together and holds his hand. "I'll be here for you."

The younger pulls back his hand and looks away. "Thank you, I guess." He smiles and turns to the side. Renjun smiles back, a single tear flows down his cheek.

×××

It's been two weeks since Donghyuck woke up from comatose and he's been discharged from the hospital since then. He's at his parents' house, recovering and trying to gain his memories back. But that is not going to be easy.

Renjun knocks on the door, holding a stem of sunflower and a lollipop. Few seconds later, the door is opened by Donghyuck who is glaring at him.

"What do you want?"

Renjun extends his arm to give the sunflower and lollipop to him. "For you."

"For me?" Donghyuck raises an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Why not? Am I not allowed to give my boyfriend a flower?" Renjun raises back an eyebrow.

Donghyuck chuckles, smirking slightly. "Since when did you become my boyfriend?"

"Excuse me?" Renjun holds his chest, a bit offended. "I courted you! I asked you and you said yes."

"Ah, so now, you're courting me again?" Donghyuck rolls his eyes and pushes the flower and the candy on his chest. Eyes widen, Renjun grabs them so they won't fall upon the ground. "Thanks! But no thanks. You can leave now, Renjun."

"You're mean. You could've rejected them nicely." Renjun huffs.

Donghyuck closes the door shut and Renjun bites his lower lips. "You're annoying, Donghyuck. But I won't give up on you."

"Get the fuck out!" He hears Donghyuck yells from inside and he clenches his fist, stepping away from the house.
-

A/N

this book will end very soon :<