twelve.

Donghyuck's hospital room is filled with silence, the only noise that can be heard is from the ceiling fan.

His parents are sitting on the edge of the couch, heads upon each other, sleeping. Jeno is sitting on the other edge, phone in his hands, texting his boyfriend, who left already with their so-called kid Heeseung.

Mark is uncomfortably sitting on the floor, his back leaning on the couch, just below Jeno. His head is down while eyes are closed, his chin touching his chest. And Renjun is sitting on the chair that's beside the bed, hand on his boyfriend's and his head resting on the Donghyuck's stomach.

The entire atmosphere of the room, for Renjun, is like a summation of being comfortable and awkward. Renjun doesn't know. He feels comfortable when he's with Donghyuck, but the fact that he's in the same room with his family is a bit awkward for him as he's not that close with them, except Jeno who is just the same age as him and his boyfriend. But he guesses it's fine, they're all here for the same reason; Waiting and hoping for Donghyuck to finally wake up from his long slumber.

Renjun's eyes have been closed for minutes now but he can't seem to fall asleep. Yet, his eyes remain closed.

He felt something squeezes his hand. At first, he ignored it. But then he feels Donghyuck's hand pulled away. He opens his eyes and looks up at him.

Donghyuck is staring at him, eyes glistening and his eyebrows are furrowed. He couldn't believe it. He thought he's just dreaming.

"Donghyuck?" He called but Donghyuck doesn't respond, just tilts his head to the side.

Later, Jeno notices and his eyes widen. He taps Mark's shoulder to wake him up and the elder jolts from his sleep, a bit startled because of Jeno. He looks up and is surprised to see that Donghyuck is finally awake.

He gets up from the floor and walks to his parents to wake them up. "Mom, Dad, Haechannie's awake!"

Donghyuck's still staring at Renjun, but his face is now relaxed. Renjun smiles at him, then tries to hold his hand but Donghyuck pulls away and widens his eyes.

"Baby." Renjun begins, "It's me." He bites his bottom lip and his heart beats fast when Donghyuck furrows his eyebrows again, this time, looking like he's annoyed.

"Get off me." Donghyuck says lowly. He looks around to observe the other persons who are trying to approach him.

As he gets his head off Donghyuck's stomach, Renjun gulps. "Hyuckie."

"Who are you?"

Renjun's heart just shuttered. He presses his lips together to prevent his tears from falling out of his eyes. "It's Renjun, your boyfriend." He then points at his family, "And this is your family."

Mrs. Lee slowly approaches and smiles slightly, "Hi, son."

Donghyuck averts his eyes and chews on his lips. He looks at his fingers instead as he plays with them nervously.

"Baby, do you remember us?" Renjun calmly says, as if he's talking to a child. His boyfriend only shakes his head. "Can you remember anything?" He receives a head shaking from Donghyuck again.

Renjun sighs heavily. His fear—their fear came to life. Donghyuck can not remember any of them. He swallows a large lump from his throat and steps away from the bed slightly. He wants to cry right now.

"I, uhm... I'm just g-going to the bathroom. P-please talk to him." He bows almost 90 degrees angle before exiting the room.

Donghyuck's eyes follow him and looks at his mom confusedly. She just smiles. "Tomorrow, we can go home, darling."

"You're my mom?" Donghyuck asks innocently like a child. She just nods. "And he's my dad?" he points at the man beside her at the left and she nods again. "And who are they?" he then points at Mark and Jeno.

Mark's looking down and trying not to look at his younger brother. It hurts him. Jeno manages to smile at Donghyuck but if he's to be honest, he wants to cry, too.

"H-hi, Donghyuck. I'm your two months older cousin. My name is Jeno." His voice almost cracked. He sighs, holding back his tears. "And this is Mark hyung, y-your older brother." he then points at Mark, who's still looking down.

Donghyuck just nods. "I feel tired." He suddenly says.

"Rest well, Hyuck-ah. We're here to stay with you." His dad speaks.

"When's he gonna come back?" Donghyuck asks.

"Who?" Jeno asks back.

"The pretty guy."

"Oh. Renjun? Maybe later after he went to the bathroom. Do you want to sleep again?" Jeno gently questions.

Donghyuck nods, "Yes."

"Alright, then." He gulps and feels Mark's hand grips his wrist. "Sleep well so that tomorrow you'll have energy." He's speaking to his cousin as if he's a child. The grip on his wrist tigtened. "Good night." He smiles before he's being pulled by Mark.

They go outside the hospital room and Mark starts to burst his tears out, hugging Jeno tightly. The younger hugs him back and keep holding the urge to cry. But then he hears Mark sobs and Jeno couldn't help it anymore and cry, too.
-