eleven.

( A/N: events after the prologue. enjoy reading! <3 )
-

"Whose kid is this? He's so tall!" Jaemin barges in the room with Jeno's friend, Heeseung, the tall kid he's talking about.

"That's my kid." Jeno jokes and greets Jaemin with a kiss on the cheek.

"That's your kid? I refuse to take him as my kid. Nope." Jaemin jokingly pouts.

"I don't take you two as my parents as well, so we're quits." Heeseung laughs, and Jeno almost slapped him on the arm if it's not because of Mark.

"Guys, be quiet!" Mark yells in whisper, looking at the sleeping Renjun who has his head resting on Donghyuck's chest, hugging his waist.

"They look cute. I should've brought my boyfriend, too." Heeseung comments and Jeno finally slaps him on the arm.

"We're here to visit Donghyuck, not for us to have lovey dovey moments with boyfriends."

"Why is Jaemin hyung here, then?"

Jaemin looks at the tall kid, slighly offended, hand on his chest. "I want to visit Donghyuck, of course." Heeseung mocks him and rolls his eyes. "Jeno, your kid!"

"He's no longer my kid."

"Guys—" Mark tries to interrupt but a scream is suddenly heard.

"Can you please keep the volume down? We're sleeping here!" Renjun exasperatedly sighs, hands on Donghyuck's arm. "Please?"

"Told you." Mark utters. "By the way, our parents are coming later so if you wouldn't mind, leave us for a while later, okay?"

"Do I have to leave, too?" Jeno asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

Mark nods, "Yes, go with your boyfriend." Jeno just pouts.

"See, I should've brought Jaeyoon." Heeseung interferes and Jaemin laughs, but Jeno shuts him up. The youngest just covers his mouth with his palm.

"For the last time, please, be quiet!" Renjun says again and the four of them (Mark, Jeno, Jaemin and Heeseung) sits quietly on the couch.

×××

Renjun has been holding Donghyuck's hand for an hour now. His palm has become sweaty but he doesn't let go. Currently, he's staring at the foot of the bed, just dazed into nothingness.

He doesn't even notice when Donghyuck's parents enter the room. But they just let him. Knowing Renjun is there for their son, they're good.

Mark stands up from the couch and walks over to Renjun. He gently taps his shoulder and that's when Renjun goes back to reality. He looks at his boyfriend's brother with dead eyes.

"Have you eaten yet? Mom and Dad here bought us some food. We can eat at the garden. Jeno, Jaemin and Heeseung are there, too, we can bring them food as well."

Renjun looks at Donghyuck and kisses his forehead. He then slowly lets go of his hand, not really wanting to pull away. He sighs and nods at Mark. "I'm hungry."

"Be careful there, okay?" The two of them nod.

Mark grabs the plastic of containers then exits the room first. Renjun looks back at Donghyuck again before exiting the room as well.

The walk to the garden is full of silence and awkward atmosphere. But Renjun guess it's fine since he and Mark aren't really that close.

When they arrive to the big garden, the two spot their friends in the cottage. Jaemin has his head on Jeno's shoulder, while the latter is playing on the younger's fingers. Whilst Heeseung is just playing his phone.

Jaemin is the first one to notice Mark and Renjun approaching. He raises his head and taps both Jeno and Heeseung to call their attention.

Heeseung bows, as the youngest of them all, and types on his phone to send a reply to someone he's texting to; probably his boyfriend.

"Hey, guys! My parents brought us some food. Let's eat!" Mark announces and sits with them.

Renjun shyly walks into the cottage and sits beside Jaemin, who smiles at him and he simply smiles back.

While eating their lunch, Renjun's mind suddenly goes back to his boyfriend. He couldn't believe it's been two months since the accident happened but until now, Donghyuck hasn't waken up.

Everyday he's worried that when Donghyuck finally wakes up, and whoever he sees first when he opens his eyes, he won't be able to remember any of them. Renjun doesn't know what he will going to do if Donghyuck loses his memory. He's going to lose his freaking mind.

Of course, he can still make his boyfriend remember him—and probably make him fall for him again because well, he's Huang Renjun and no one could resist him—but their memories. He's afraid Donghyuck would have a hard time remember their beautiful memories. Yes, they can build new ones, but Renjun wouldn't take it if he's the only one who remembers their past memories.

He sighs to himself. Jaemin seems to notice but decided to just ignore it to not disturb him.

"I miss Donghyuck." Renjun suddenly says, holding the urge to cry as he grips on his chopsticks.

"We all do, Renjun. We all do." Mark sighs.
-

A/N

happy valentine's day <3 hope y'all have a great day!