Chapter 11

A loud beeping pulled me away from my book. I let out a long sigh and set it down, picking up my cell phone. "Hello?"

"Copeland!" A very excited voice yelled.

"....Rydel....?"

"The one and only! So listen girly, I was wondering if you'd wanna hang out today and sleepover?"

I jumped up and looked out the window to see the driveway empty. my brother must be out with friends. "Yeah, I'd love to."

"Awesome. I'll pick you up in 10, so be ready. Oh and also, bring a swimsuit."

"Awesome." I hung up and jumped into action. I quickly packed my bag and then slipped on a bikini and lace sundress.

I wrote my brother a note saying I was with a friend and then ran to the door as a horn rang out.

I quickly got in and Rydel smiled, looking me up and down. "I love the dress."

I smiled. "Thanks... So what's with the sudden get together?"

"My mom and dad left for the weekend, so I decided to have some fun. Kelly is back at the house waiting, and Riker, Ross, and Rocky went to get food. My other brother is with my parents."

I nodded my head. "Awesome."

She pulled up to their house and we both got out, walking into the house.

Kelly was lounging on the couch texting, no doubt Ellington. She looked up and smiled. "Hey guys. Your brothers are almost back by the way."

Rydel nodded her head. "awesome. I really hope they got some good pizza and pop, cause I'm starving."

"Only the best for you, sister dear." A voice called out. I turned around to see a familiar blonde walking in with two boxes of pizza.

Ross smiled at me. "Well hello."

"Back off!" Rocky called, putting drinks on the table and walking over to me, and putting an arm around me. "I'm glad you decided to come." He placed a kiss on my neck and my stomach did little flips.

Riker walked in and threw some candy bags on the counter. When he saw me, he did a double take and his jaw clenched.

Rocky smirked a little. "I say, we go swimming."

Kelly grinned. "I second that Idea. Cmon, let's go!"

Rydel linked her arm through mine and Kelly joined us. I was lead out a back door and to a large pool with many chairs set out around it.

Rydel pointed me to a chair with a fluffy pink beach towel set on top of it and I plopped down onto it.

Rocky ran past me and flipped into the pool. He came up and winked at me.

"Show off!" I said, laughing. Ross jumped in after him, water splashing us.

I saw Riker across the pool,leaning against the side of the house and watching me.

"He gets over protective." Rydel said. "He won't want Rocky getting anywhere near you." She handed me the sun screen and I took it gratefully, starting to put it on my legs and arms.

Rocky came over and sat down next to me. "Need help with your back?"

"Yes please." I handed Rocky the sun screen lotion and turned around.

I soon felt his large hands gently glide around my back and my skin tingled under his touch. He let out a sigh. "And here comes my brother to ruin all the fun." Rocky muttered.

I looked up to see Riker making his way over to us. Rocky wrapped an arm around my waist. "I saw we have a little fun."

"What do you-" I was cut off as I was suddenly thrown over his shoulder. "Rocky!"

He took off running and the next thing I knew I was wet, and under water.

Rocky pulled me up and I blinked the water out of my eyes. "Jerk."

He laughed and pulled me in for a nice, long kiss. Ross whistled and we pulled away.

Riker stood over us, hands on his hips. "I think we should go inside and eat."

Rocky let out a sigh. "You really know how to ruin a moment, Riker."

"Now." He turned around and marched inside. Ross jumped out and ran in after, calling dibs on the first slice of pizza. Rocky got out and pulled me out, wrapping me up in my towel.

Rydel and Kelly winked at me then giggled and walked inside.

Rocky pulled me under his arm and we walked into the kitchen.

"I'm gonna go change out of my suit, then I'm gonna come down to eat." I said to Rocky, then slipped up to Rydels room where my bag was since it wasn't where I put it in the living room.

I slipped off my suit and put on a large sweater and shorts. I dried off my hair a bit and then went back downstairs. I sat down next to Rocky and he handed me some cheese pizza and a bottle of water.

I happily started to eat and sip on my water.

"So I was thinking a scary movie night?" Rydel looked between us, almost as if to ask if that was okay.

"I'd love that." Rocky said.

Rydel rolled her eyes. "I wasn't talking to you. This is a girls night."

"I wouldn't mind joining." Rocky said.

"Neither would I." Ross said, winking at me. Rocky and Riker both kicked him. "AY!"

Everyone started talking and eating, enjoying the pizza. Rocky had an arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

But I noticed Riker was looking our way. But every time if glance over to him, he'd shake his head and look away.

Riker stood up and cleared his throat. "I'm gonna go get some pillows and blankets for you guys. Copeland, can you help me."

I nervously stood up. "Sure...."