Wonderless

I looked into the mirror one last time. My brown eyes were dull from lack of sleep and my blue hair sat in a wavy mess. I straightened out my blink-182 shirt and pulled on ripped skinny jeans.

I didn't bother with make up. Not like I'm trying to impress anyone right? A knock came on my door and a timid ginger head popped in. My brother Alan smiled. "Hey Copeland. Ready for your first day of school?" In the middle of the year. Totally.

I forced a smile to my face. "Yeah. Totally." I love moving halfway across the country. We had moved because my mom died and everyone thought my dad killed her, but no one ever found enough evidence. So my brother Alan moved us across the world to get away from him.

"Are you sure you're ready....."

"It's been a month Alan. I'm fine. I've moved on."

He sighed and sat down next to me. "Are you sure?" He wrapped a slender tattooed arm around me. "Because I can pull you out for longer."

I love my brother so much. He's amazing and does so much for me.... But he needs to understand I'm not his baby sister anymore. "I'm fine. I'm going. Will you be ok?"

He smiled. "Job interviews all day."

"Maybe you shouldn't have gotten all of these." I said, pointing to all his tattoos.

"Well I was in a punk band and didn't plan on raising a kid anytime soon or at all." He gave me a quick hug then left my empty white room. I sighed and grabbed my school bag and car keys. I went down to my car and quickly got in, driving to school.

I pulled up to the large black building as thunder boomed in the distance. I got out an slammed my door shut. Everyone looked at me and whispered but I just kept walking in to the school and didn't turn back. I walked into the office and found the front desk. The old lady looked at me and sighed. "Name?"

"Copeland Ashby."

"Ahhhh the new kid."

I cringed on the inside. "Yeah.."

She threw me several texts books and a schedule. "Do you need anyone to show you around hun? Or can you manage."

"I can manage." I shoved the crap in my bag and grabbed my locker info. I went out to the busy hall and shuffled to my locker. I opened it and started to put stuff.

"Nice shirt."

I looked over to see a girl with dark red hair and blue eyes. She was skinny and tall. But not taller then me thanks to my 5'10 height. I smiled. "Thanks. I like yours too." She had on a Pierce the Veil shirt and shorts.

She huffed. "Finally. Some one who appreciates fine music!"

I laughed. "Copeland."

"Ahhh more good music. I'm Taylor. Nice to meet you."

'Nice to meet you too. Glad someone here is friend-" a loud slam and silence followed.

"Excuse me I believe you're in my way." A high voice called. I turned around to see a girl with sparkly blonde hair and a short tight dress on. She had her pink glossy lips in a thin line and her brown eyes filled with venom.

"And I believe you could probably still get to your locker." I turned away from her and went back to putting my stuff away. She slammed it as hard she she could, just missing my finger.

"HEY!" I yelled, making her jump.

"Woah woah woah. What has my little sister gotten herself into now." A deep voice called. A tall blonde with dark shades came over to us and smirked. He had on a leather jacket with jeans and a combat boot. "Riker Lynch." He extended a hand and I caught a glimpse of tattoos going up his arm.