Ch. 2 Painful Memories

The holiday killer watches the unsuspecting citizens from the rooftop, waiting for his target that he knows needs to be at the store below in ten minutes. He runs down the fire escape to meet up with his unsuspecting victim. 
It might seem like only an amateur would kidnap in public, but not when the citizens fear you. The killer reminds himself. 
He spies on his target, talking to a female.
She looks too thin to fight. He observes.
The female finally leaves, and the killer rushes in. Before anyone can scream, the killer has his target. Anyone around him stares frightened. The killer's captive fears he will be killed in the alleyway, but there are still people around even if the citizens are terrified.
"We're going for a little ride," he says as he ties his captive's arms and legs before duct taping his mouth. Little does he know, his victim is watching the female he was talking to just minutes ago watch his every move.
Damn, too many people here, huh? The captive thinks as he waits for her to help him before he's forced into the van.

Arcee watched the van drive away, allowing some distance before she drove after the van. Arcee knows she should call for backup, but this is a solo mission to her. The second this man, Clint Junko. As crazy as it sounds, Arcee felt this sounds like a name her fallen war partner, Cliffjumper, would pick had he had the chance. 
They wouldn't understand. Arcee believes as she follows the van. I should have been there sooner, then Cliffjumper wouldn't have been killed.

The killer drags Clint into a warehouse and chains him to the wall, knowing how to untie his victim so they couldn't fight him. The place reeked of dead bodies, and that's all Clint could figure out, as the place had poor lighting.
Probably, so his victims don't see his torture tools. Clint guesses. 
"I was going to have fun with you, but I think I'll get right to the killing," the killer taunts, enjoying the muffled scream.
The sound of a motorcycle stops the killer.
"Who the fuck followed me?!" The motorcycle tries to hit him, but the killer moves out of the way. To his surprise, the female who Clint was talking to has come to rescue him, "you're asking for a death wish," he taunts. To his surprise, the female is ready for a fight, "Clint, do you know this woman?" He asks, as if Clint could answer.

Arcee is ready for a fight, aware of the potential weapons on her opponent. The two exchange kicks and punches for a few minutes until Arcee's opponent realizes she can fight. As she thought, he had a weapon on him, as he grabbed her, retraining both arms.
"You shouldn't have followed me," she feels the blade go under her jacket and shirt. All she worries about is how she can save Clint before bleeding out from her injury as the knife cuts her skin, "no reaction? Tough little lady, are we? Let's see if you can handle this."
Arcee thought he would stab another spot or push the knife deeper, but he throws her onto the ground and walks towards Clint. She watches the killer cut Clint's coat and shirt off him.
What are you doing? Arcee panics.
She watches the knife slowly cut Clint's abdomen, but the killer goes deep in. Arcee tries to get up, not realizing how much pain her injury causes. She ignores the pain but is moving slow. Hating the muffled screaming from Clint. As she gets closer to stopping the killer, he stays Clint in the best, killing him instantly.
"No!" She yells and falls to her knees.
The killer laughs, "you are not my victim. I'll let you live.... for now."
He walks away as Arcee forces herself up and walks towards her alt mode.

Arcee would rather skip the medbay, but Ratchet would be livid if she took care of the deep wound by herself.
"What happened?!" Ratchet exclaims, seeing Arcee has been in a fight and crying.
"I don't want to talk about it," Arcee replies with sadness in her voice. 
Ratchet doesn't ask questions as he takes care of the wound. He can tell she's spooked rather than depressed.
This isn't a self-inflicted wound. Ratchet observes. I fear she crossed paths with the holiday killer. Which wouldn't be so traumatizing for her, but something happened.

Arcee goes to the archives room, away from everyone, and lets herself cry.
He may not have been my partner, but I failed someone else.

"Hey, why are you crying?" A mech asks.
Arcee tiredly looks at them. The red hair and horn on a chain necklace surprise her.
"C-cliffjumper?"
"Did you forget I was coming to Earth today?"
The two of them leave the archives room and go to Cliffjumper's assigned room.

Arcee introduces Cliffjumper to Earth movies.
Five hours passed by quickly.
"Ok, next Earth lesson; sleep," Arcee explains, "I have an early shift tomorrow morning; good night, Cliff."
She hugs Cliffjumper before leaving the room.

Arcee wakes up, hyperventilating, and she takes a few seconds to realize she's in the archives room.
"I dreamt you were alive, Cliffjumper. It's difficult to deal with the pain of your death, and I failed to keep someone else from dying."
Arcee cries unaware Optimus is in the room until he sits next to her. Optimus knows there's nothing he can say that'll help Arcee as she hugs him and cries. Ratchet told him that something had upset Arcee, and she came to him, injured. They both believe she's been thinking about Cliffjumper and worry she crossed paths with the holiday killer. Once again, Ratchet argues Sunstreaker is the killer, but Jamie's terrible mental state distracts Sunstreaker. I shouldn't be surprised that Ratchet argues Sunstreaker is faking it, but I don't believe Sunstreaker is.  Someone else is murdering, targeting soldiers and now Autobots.