Ch. 23 Recovery and Planning

Chromia is encouraged to visit Rung when she’s not visiting Jamie. Rung helps Chromia a little, but being with Jamie as she recovers helps Chromia a lot more. Even if, for now, she’s sleeping a lot. Chromia notices that Que and Wheeljack made the leg device they used on Aaron in Jamie’s size.
“She rarely needs much physical therapy when she deals with this level of flare-up,” Crosshairs explains, “though she is a little off balance. A week usually is enough.”
“Jamie will be fully alert and not sleep this much in another day or two. Then she can be discharged,” Ratchet explains.

Chromia and Jamie’s guardians go to the cafeteria for lunch.
“Jamie should fully recover by the fourteenth,” Crosshairs smiles.
“I’m not looking forward to that disgusting theme, but I’d love to see Jamie in a dress,” Sunstreaker smiles.
“I thought you were dating Lily?” Sideswipe jokes.
“I’m not sure. I’ll talk to Lily’s parents, remember the rules they set? I suspect Lily has already told them about this dance. They might have new rules.”
“But Lily says they’re dating,” Sideswipe adds, “Luke said it was ok, remember?” 
Sideswipe reminds the other three mechs of another forgotten but needed conversation with Luke. They know they’ll have their chance soon.
“Ok, back to the dance and dates; when will you reveal the femme you love, Crosshairs?” Drift asks.
“Uh... I will make Jamie lunch, and she should be ready to have the nasogastric tube removed.”
The others laugh once Crosshairs is in the kitchen. Only Drift knows whom Crosshairs has fallen for and how long he’s seen Crosshairs act differently around the femme. He has suspicions about why both won’t say anything and is uncertain if he should intervene.
Trying to get those two together while I have my relationship problem probably makes little sense. Drift figures, knowing Jamie refuses to say they’re together.

“So the plan is to drug a guy? Ugh!!”
“They won’t expect it with Frenzy doing the work,” Austin argues.
His associate, who transforms into the large loader, is ready to leave, annoyed that he’s helping a human.
“Go ahead, this is the last task, and we’ll meet with the rest of the Decepticons,” the other associate tells him.
“Good luck with letting him join us. I doubt Megatron will let a human join us.”
The annoyed associate stays and will travel with the other two back to the Decepticons. Eagerly waiting for Megatron to kill Austin for thinking he could join the Decepticons. 

Lily shyly tries to ask her parents if she can go to the dance at the base. Sunstreaker hates feeling she’s afraid of what her parents might say even after all they’ve dealt with. Neither knew Luke was home.
“I may just be the older brother,” Luke comments as he sits on the couch across from Sunstreaker and Lily, “and I know even thirteen seems too young to date, but she loves Sunstreaker. How long do you think she can act like they’re just friends?”
Sunstreaker questions if Luke had this all planned, though he might have planned to have this conversation sooner. To Lily’s surprise, her parents agree with Luke to let her date Sunstreaker, and with Luke’s rule when the two can frag. Neither Lily nor Sunstreaker mentions how they’ve already slept together since it’s the only way Sunstreaker got the nightmares to stop. Sunstreaker wonders if Lily’s mom knew that might have been the solution.
“I must be dreaming,” Lily comments as she and Sunstreaker drive back to base.
“You don’t believe your parents would let us be together?”
“They seemed to be strict with rules when we met.”
“It’s been almost two years since we met, and they have gotten to know the other Autobots and me. There’s better trust,” Sunstreaker points out, though he knows Lily’s family still worries she’ll be dead the longer she spends time with him. 

“I can’t believe my brother is dating a human, and now you’re going to a dance with a love theme,” Sideswipe smiles, “I’m jealous. Here I have no one.”
Sunstreaker realizes he forgot being split spark twins has issues with romantic relationships. Even if Sideswipe isn’t showing he’s interested in Lily, he will get more jealous than if they weren’t split spark or even brothers. 
How long before fighting begins? Sunstreaker worries. Would it matter if Sideswipe found someone before we reached that point?
“Hey, are you ok?” Sideswipe asks.
“I’m fine!”
Sunstreaker leaves the room and heads down to the medbay, not caring that Sideswipe follows him.

The twins are happy to see Jamie is awake and eating. They accidentally interrupted her guardians talking about taking her back to their room.
“She’s still recovering but doing much better,” Crosshairs tells them.
“And Ratchet?” Sideswipe asks.
“He said it’s fine,” Drift assures him.
With careful planning, Jamie’s guardians and the terror twins decide to work on Jamie and Lily’s friendship. Though Ratchet questions the decision while Jamie is still recovering until he finds out that the plan’s first phase is having the two girls watch T.V. or play video games together, Lily knows Jamie may fall asleep. 

“You got the drug?” Austin asks.
A man dressed as Austin but in great hands him a small bottle. Austin inspects the bottle, “perfect,” he comments as he hands the guy money. The two men go their separate ways.
“You really only have only more human to kill?”
“For now.”
The two associates don’t know  the bigger plan Austin is working on. He knows they’d both be pissed knowing that he’s going to be waiting a year.
Though that could change if I’m allowed to join Megatron. Austin thinks, smiling. Megatron will like this plan and my killing spree. 

As Crosshairs and Drift thought, Jamie fell asleep.
“I know I’m still new to her condition, but I worry this isn’t recovery fatigue,” Sunstreaker whispers.
“Unfortunately, this could be both recovery and depression fatigue,” Drift sighs.
Sunstreaker asks what has been going on, hoping he’d be informed. He’s not sure if he should feel any better knowing it’s the usual scrap or not.
Are they lying about her recovery? Sideswipe asks through the bond.
No, it’s the usual scrap that will never go away. I hate it, Sideswipe.
At least the fragger Austin will be taken down soon. Sunstreaker tells himself.