Ch. 18 Dealing With Another Issue

Sunstreaker’s P.O.V.
I don’t care if Ironhide and Prowl are looking to drag me to the brig as I run out of the hangar, carrying Jamie.
“Sunstreaker?” Lily asks, alarmed.
“Go find Sideswipe,” I instruct her.
We’ve already talked about what to tell Lily in terms of why I’m carrying Jamie if she sees me. The part about me being in the brig is what we’re not sure how to tell her.

“What did you do?!” Crosshairs rages as Jolt takes Jamie from me and goes into a critical care room.
“Nothing, I swear,” I try to explain.
“We’ll get answers later,” Drift jumps in, “come on, Crosshairs. Jamie needs us.”
Drift gets the paratrooper to walk away. They know they can’t go into the room, and all they can do is watch Jolt and Ratchet from the viewing window. I didn’t think Jasmine would want to talk to me in her office.
“...no way they’ll believe me,” I finish, “no doubt Ratchet will accuse me of injecting Jamie with the chemical, which, aside from the lab, I do not know where I’d get a vial from.”
“That might help you,” Jasmine believes, “Ratchet keeps tabs on how many vials he has. I think it’s both, so he knows if he needs more samples and in case Jadin gets in to steal vials. I haven’t met Bulma, but she definitely sounds like she’d know if a vial was missing and call Ratchet first.”

It’s a long twenty minutes before the two medics walk into the office. Seconds pass before Ironhide, Prime and Prowl walk in with Crosshairs and Drift. Sideswipe also joins us. It’s a cramped office.
“A level two,” Ratchet informs us, “35% oxygen support with a venturi mask.”
Sideswipe knows he screwed up, and immediately Ratchet questions him. 
“He hasn’t seen how she tries to fight the rise in the chemical,” Drift defends.
“I hate when she does that,” Ratchet sighs.
“Your fault!” Sideswipe argues, “you scared her to where she thinks You’d let her die!”
Everyone aside from Jasmine and Jolt look at Ratchet, confused and shocked. 
“You realize she can die from the current flare-up?” Ratchet asks, “her oxygen level was 85%, her breathing decreased slightly, and death would be slow.”
This doesn’t help ease everyone’s shock over what Sideswipe said. I’m waiting for Drift to demand that Jamie be transferred to her friend Bulma’s dimension. It’s easy to understand Jamie’s overthinking with her mental state, the comment Ratchet made — which shocks everyone but Prime and Prowl — and knowing what would happen to Sideswipe if they executed me. Can’t believe Ironhide is shocked.
“I’m not the problem here! He is!” Ratchet argues, pointing at me, “do you all not remember the attacks he did today?!”
Scrap, so that was the aft’s plan.
Sideswipe tries to defend me, but Ratchet doesn’t believe it, and our only other witness is unconscious.
“Enough!” Optimus yells, “there’s no proof Sunstreaker caused either situation and why would Sideswipe suddenly defend his brother?!”
Optimus is right; Sideswipe and I have argued about my human killing several times, and he wouldn’t suddenly defend me. While there’s arguing about whether I should be in the brig or if Ratchet should be in the brig, Jasmine sneaks me out of the room to see Jamie. I didn’t think Jamie’s guardians would be ok with this.

It’s not the first time I’ve seen Jamie in the medbay and critical, but seeing this is difficult. I didn’t think Drift would let me sit by the bed. 
“Hey, uh, what do I tell Lily?” Sideswipe asks, standing at the doorway.
“About this? That’s their choice, but I don’t know if I will end up in the brig or not,” I tell him, “and the nightmares finally stopped.”
We know there’s been a conversation that needs to happen, but between Jamie being sick and the killer causing problems, it’s been pushed to the side.
“Really, if this is how the year will be like, ugh,” Sideswipe complains.
“We should tell Lily now,” I insist.
“I-I don’t know,” Drift sighs, “I know we have to, but before Jamie wakes up...”
“You know how stressed Jamie will be if we wait for her to be a part of the conversation,” Crosshairs reminds him.
Drift brings up how badly Jamie is struggling. Though Sideswipe and I found out one thing that Drift doesn’t want to tell everyone. I hate how much this has been upsetting her, and Drift can’t give her. The rest is the same old bullshit. I don’t think Lily will hate who Jamie is, and she’ll try to be her friend. We didn’t realize that Ironhide, Prime, and Prowl have been listening to the conversation and agree that now is a good time. I don’t blame Drift for feeling uncertain. Optimus and Ratchet decide to be a part of the discussion.

Lily is worried about seeing Jamie’s condition and seeing both of Jamie’s arms wrapped up to the elbow. To my surprise, she asks Drift if Jamie will be ok. We try to explain Jamie’s medical condition the best we can. This probably would be easier if we didn’t have to explain why Jamie is in the medbay and getting oxygen support, but she’ll know and not be frightened if she’s around Jamie when she has another flare-up.
“... it sounds scary, but this seldom happens,” Ratchet explains, “though it’s unpredictable like seizures. These are mild to moderate most of the time, and the last severe flare-up was almost six years ago.”
Understandably, Lily is still worried about seeing Jamie’s condition. Glad she doesn’t ask about Jamie’s arms being wrapped. She wants to stay here for a while though we told her it’ll be a few days before Jamie wakes up. It’s a good time to explain the rest of Jamie’s history, the good and the bad. I knew the negative portion of Jamie’s history would trouble Lily, even if it’s not in detail. She’s shocked to hear Jamie isn’t from around here and how Jamie is from another dimension. It’s funny hearing how excited she is hearing about Jamie’s adventures, even if not in detail. This definitely helps Crosshairs and Drift, who I know worry about letting new people know about Jamie. Honestly, if we were telling someone none of us knew well, I’d feel uncertain. After the discussion, we decided it was time to get dinner.
“You worry too much,” Crosshairs jokes at Drift.
“Hey, this could have gone exactly as he thought,” I argue, “you can’t tell me you weren’t worried?”
“Fair enough, I don’t think anyone isn’t worried about Jamie.”
“Lily is more understanding than most,” I point out, “she might need to get used to Jamie’s behavior, but this will not be like other fleshies getting to know her.”
This is a slight distraction from the fragging holiday killer who’s ruining my life, though I don’t think he knows anything about me or the Autobots. I don’t know if I’m in trouble to where I’ll be sent to the brig. This aft better be caught soon, and he better stay away from Jamie and Lily. I’d love to kill this aft myself.