05. Hurt

- Shane Miller - 

- Shane Miller - 

"Why do you think she was acting the way she was when she entered this afternoon?" Jay asked as soon as I had taken a seat at the kitchen bench.

"I don't know" I huffed, running a hand down my face, pinching my nose as I felt a headache creating at the back of my head.

Just another thing to worry about.

"Shay, you've known all of us since we were babies. You know Sky the best, you've seen all of this before, so what makes this time any different?" Grayson reasoned with Jay.

"We aren't as close as what we used to be. She doesn't confide in me like she used to. Is that enough?" I snapped.

I was sick of the pestering questions.

Sky was our little sister.

She didn't do well with bullies.

No one did.

She preferred to lay low, have a small group of friends.

"Sorry, just asking" Jay grumbled.

"No, I should be the one that is sorry. I snapped and it wasn't right. It's just that everything was going fine, but ever since the Martinez's turn up, everything happens all over again" I explained, lifting my head to look at my younger brothers.

They both looked astonished at the fact that I had apologized so quickly and moved on.

I can hold grudges for a while.

A trait that has been passed down from our mother.

And Sky so happens so have it.

"I can agree on that. I don't understand why they had to show up though. And why was Logan in the water at night? Thomas was the one that had specifically told us himself that no one was to go near the water at night-time" Grayson explained, looking thoughtful.

Why was Logan in the water that night?

Why couldn't I tell my little sister that her ex-best friends older brother was in the water, that could potentially kill him?

I don't know why.

It was just another thing I had to worry about

---