18. Running Away

- Skylar Miller - 

 - Skylar Miller - 

I was on the edge of falling asleep, but I couldn't. I couldn't when I didn't know if one of the people I had called my family, would be taken by the Moore's. The people we had been running from. 

That's what I was told earlier. That we weren't actually supposed to live here for long, a year at max, but we couldn't even get a full nights rest. 

We were supposed to move another couple of hours away, and back closer to the beach. To a beach where it didn't matter if you could swim or not. 

At this point, I would rather move to another country and get a restraint on these people that had almost killed my brother about a month ago, and they were now trying to get a hold on whoever or whatever they could. 

They were trying to make us suffer for some unbeknownst reason that was really scaring me now. Why couldn't we just live in peace and harmony with one another? Isn't that what we are meant to do these days?

To not be about to have world war three at our doorstep. I crawled out of Noah's reach, whom had fallen asleep, and towards Rylie, who was sitting with his back against the wall, his eyes half closed. 

I quietly jumped off the bed to not wake anyone up, as I then crawled back over to him. I didn't feel like walking, and it wasn't far. I then sat on his lap, leaning forward so my head hit his chest, as I felt sleep suddenly hit me full force for some reason. 

"Sky, what are you doing?" Rylie questioned, not pushing me away, rather pulling me closer, so that I was now fully pressed up against him. I just puffed out some air, not bothered to say anything more. I could feel the sweat dripping off my forehead, just knowing that I felt hot. 

"Can't sleep" I mumbled, feeling way too hot in this cramped room. I wasn't liking it anymore. I knew we couldn't leave though, as they were still sharks circling the house. "How about we take your jumper off" I didn't know I was wearing a jumper until I was sat up so it could be moved over my head. 

It felt better, but still, I felt hot. Like way too hot. But, I just drifted into sleep, not knowing what would happen to me in the morning. 

---

I awoke to a jolt, crying at the pain in my head and stomach. "Shh, Sky, your alright" someone whispered in my ear, but I just tried to roll out of their hold, wanting the pain to stop. It was then, when a second jolt happened, making me cry out in pain once again. 

"Shhhhh" another person said, but I couldn't help the fact that I had awoken to pain and I was not feeling great at all. Absolutely awful. 

Sweat was dripping down my forehead, as I shivered, but I was so hot. I needed the arms away from me. We jolted once again, but I just held my head in pain. I needed everything just to stop moving, to stop hurting. 

I felt the bile rise in my throat, which made me know that we were in a vehicle, that was flying down some road. It was dark out, but I could feel the wind brushing through my hair that had been tied at the top of my head. 

"Rylie, I think we are gonna need to stop soon" that was how I knew it was Noah who was holding me in place. Holding me tight, like he hadn't just ignored the fact that Shane had hurt me in the Martinez's old house. 

But in this moment, I felt too sick to care, rather falling back into his chest, trying my hardest to not let the bile rise any further than my throat. I hated this feeling. I hated that every time we were driving that I had to be sick on the side of the road. 

Before I knew it, everything had stopped moving from beneath me and I was whisked away from Noah, as I bent over to let go of whatever I had been holding. I heaved, right as more and more came out, but this time, it was different. 

There was red stuff coming out of my mouth, and it was like it wouldn't stop. A tissue was handed to me, but I didn't take it, wanting it to stop before I wiped my mouth. 

"Shit" I heard someone murmur, but the person that had a hand on my back wiped my lips and around them as the red stuff stopped flowing out of my mouth. It didn't hurt like it initially did when I threw up, but I still felt awful. 

"There" I knew Rylie was the one who wiped my mouth and had a hand on my back as I was still bent over, waiting if there was anymore to come, but there wasn't. "Jay, get the car started. Blake your in passenger and put in the address for the hospital. Luke, call Summer and Bray to tell them that we are headed their way" 

From what I could gather, we would be going to the hospital while our asses were still being chased by the Moore's. Rylie lifted me over the back of his truck that he had shown me yesterday, as Noah gently grabbed me from the other side. 

I was back to resting my back against his chest, while Rylie climbed in to sit in front of the two of us. He had a bucket, which was pushed up against every other bag we had brought with us to the house. The same house where we were supposed to be safe from them. 

But we weren't, which was probably why we were heading in a completely different direction to where it had all started. We were running away once again, because our lives were in danger of the people we had grown up knowing as our brothers. 

"What is going to happen to all the animals on the farm?" I croaked out, trying to get my mind away from the brothers I used to love and adore and onto the people that were sat around me. I was genuinely curious about it all. 

"It was friends house, that let us stay there before we continued on our way to where we will stay for a few years. Where we will be safe" 

That was all it took to put me to ease. My eldest brother, reassuring that I would be safe for a long time, because throughout my childhood, I had never been safe. I had always been in constant fear of either my parents or if Shane would lash out, or if the people that took my eldest brother would be back to get me. 

It was always the people I loved, the ones that were the monsters in the dark crevices of my bedroom. The same monsters that people tell you are just your imagination until you are the one living them; living the life everyone fears. 

"Sleep, darling. It'll make you feel better" and with that, my eyes fluttered shut, not even hearing what either of my brothers had to say about me, because I was content within the arms of Noah. 

"Your going to have to tell her the truth one day. She has the right to know that her life was a lie" 

---

thoughts? xx

thoughts? xx

sorry for the short chapter, I had to add in a cliffhanger and you all deserved a chapter.