22. Family Ties

| Riley Miller |

| Riley Miller |

We had just come back from shopping for our furniture to go into the new house. Luke had climbed into bed beside Skylar's sleeping body, passing out the minuet his head hit her pillow, while Blake had collapsed on the floor, leaning up against a wall that gave him perfect view of Skylar and Luke. 

Everyone knew that Blake had the biggest soft spot for the two of them, especially whenever he was teasing Luke about playing with Skylar over the rest of us. It was Blake's way of saying 'I love you so much', without saying the words to their faces. I knew he wished he tried harder with them, and I wished I tried harder with him. 

I wish for a lot of things, and I know that nothing can change. A phone rang, and I immediately grabbed my own, knowing most of my brothers were asleep, as I noticed it was my phone ringing through the silence of the room. Standing up, I take one final, quick glance around the room, before hurriedly walking out for some privacy. 

Taking a swift glance at the name on the phone as I quietly close the door to Skylar's hospital room, I mentally groan. This was not what I wanted to talk about, right as everything else in our lives to be seeming like it was ending. It felt like everything we did, there was something that pushed us back two steps, while we had to take three to get anywhere. 

"Hello" I politely spoke into the phone, trying to keep my patience in tac. "Good morning. Am I speaking to Mr. Riley Miller?" the woman on the phone questioned, as her voice was most definietly not cherry for what she seemed to think a good morning was. I had not had a good morning in years, let alone a good day that isn't full of troubles or problems at some stage. 

I took a moment to respond, unsure of what to say. Why was she asking for me? "Uh, yes, yes, that's me" I muttered, taking a glance in through the glass of the door, seeing that nothing had changed. Nothing had changed since Sky had come out of surgery, and I was starting to get worried. Why wasn't she waking up yet, like we were told she would? I was just beyond worried for her, and wanted to give her everything that I could. 

"I am just calling you to inform that there has been some issues with the trust fund that your parents set up for you. It seems that someone has been taking money out of it, registered in your name. I just wanted to make sure that it was you. It seems as though it is being emptied" 

My stomach fell. "Fuck!" I muttered, completely forgetting that I was on the phone with someone. This was not supposed to happen. I knew exactly who had been into the trust fund that for some reason, someone had convinced my parents to make for us. It was a nice gesture, but I didn't and never will make up for what they had done to all of us. 

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I cursed over and over again, getting weird looks from the people around me, but right now, I didn't give a fuck. I was planning on using that money for the house that I was buying for us and to pay for Sky's hospital bills. For someone to be emptying it, they have to be taking at least over half, and the only person that would do that, and have access to it, is my grandparents.