07. New Me

- Skylar Miller - 

- Skylar Miller - 

-Flashback 1 -

3 years ago;

"Ella! Ella!" Ella and I were walking from our fourth period to lunch, just as Mia called Ella's name.

The two of us had nothing to do with them; and they had nothing to do with us.

They were the cool girls of our grade.

The ones with their mommy and daddy's money hanging out of their back pockets.

"Why don't you go find Oliver and I'll meet you there" Ella said to me, as she rushed towards them.

Ella had been acting off the past could of days, but I had never really put much thought to it.

I just thought it was the fact that we were getting older, closer to high school.

"Hey" was all Oliver said as I sat down.

He also didn't seem like his normal self these days either.

It felt like I didn't know them anymore.

They were acting more and more like the cool people of our grade rather than the people I had grown up with.

"Hey" I responded, trying to keep the glumness that I felt, out of my voice.

"Where's Ella?" Oliver asked, as he scanned the area behind me.

"No idea. Mia called her over and she told me to find you" I responded.

It was only then, that I noticed Oliver was staring at something. More like someone.

Oh how I wished I hadn't followed his gaze.

I looked to where he was looking, and the sight made my breath hitch.

Ella was sitting with the cool girls.

"She's not, is she?" I questioned Ollie.

"She is" he responded, as he couldn't tear his gaze away from her.

"Maybe they are just sucking up to her so that they can get good grades" I responded, the glumness hanging in my tone.

"She's not even the ones with the brains in this group" Ollie snorted, causing me to laugh light-heartedly.

If only I knew that Oliver would follow after them.

---

Time skip: 2 weeks later

Walking through those school doors, something didn't feel right.