26. Lost For Words

- Riley Miller - 

- Riley Miller - 

Shock, filled my entire body when I saw the box placed in the middle of my little brothers room. My baby brother, my Lulu, had packed a box in the back of his cupboard, which I had gotten out of the house, along with my other siblings belongings whenever Shane and Greyson weren't home, and I had found this box. 

This one box that I had dreaded opening for weeks now, but I couldn't hold back. I knew Luke would kill me if he knew that I read through these books, but sometimes, I had to do things to save others. I knew this was going back on my morals, but after seeing my little brother, slumped beside our baby sister, I knew that I needed to get to the bottom of this, and that wasn't going to be through the words out of the mouth of my little brother. 

So I flicked open the page of the book on the top, and my stomach immediately rolled over at the date. Even just the first two words made my heart stop beating at the thought of it all. Just thinking about the date, and how close it still is to everything we do today. 

Dear Diary, 

For years, I had been bullied about the idea of being a journalist and writing things down that were personal to a person, that made someone a person, but I had come to the conclusion that I wasn't a person to some people. To my own brother, I wasn't a person that lived and breathed the exact same way that he did. 

He turned a deaf ear whenever I told him the words 'no' or 'stop'. From what I had heard from Noah about Shane, was that Shane wasn't a good person. He was our brother, but he did bad things. He didn't deem me his brother, and he hadn't since the age of 7. The only person that had seen me as a brother, was my baby sister, but she didn't get it. 

She didn't get that I was treated differently, and I knew it. I knew that Shane was violent, and occasionally hit my brothers, but I knew that none of them were as bad as myself. I knew that, from the marks on my arms compared to theirs. I knew they shouted at one another, especially Blake and Shane, but he never locked their doors. 

I knew that from experience, as I had walked into a screaming match, only to be shouted at as well, before I was thrown back into my room, and locked in their only to nearly have my eyes scratched out, before I was locked in the room, and forced to starve. People always asked why I never owned anything personal, and here's the answer: Shane Miller. 

Turns out, he isn't my brother, but I can't say anything. I can't admit that I know our father had an affair after Riley, because who knows where that would get me. Who knows how I am even writing this down, as my hand is bruised and it won't stop swelling. If Riley was here, he would take me to Brayden, but he can't do anything for me anymore. 

He can't do anything, as tomorrow will just be far worse. It never gets better. I never know why Jay doesn't intervene and pull our brother off me, or why Greyson just stands at the door, or why George and Summer give me disgusted looks or why Blake and Brayden can't hear my screams or why Noah won't comfort me. I don't get it and it makes me want to scream, but there is no one here that will help me nor would they listen.