What really happened: the beginning

"We've been asking around for any details of this place for weeks it seemed. Until I overheard some lady talking about a creepy house where kids would go to then suddenly end up missing."

"I told Kenma about it four days ago, it took us one to find it. Three days, that's how long it took for me to lose him all just because he wanted me to get that necklace out of there instead of him. He told me it was useless. He could barely stand up without some kind of support and moving was a different story." Hinata cried out. "But when we first got here, I wished I had listened to him. Even if what he said was a joke, it still ended up being true."

"Shoyo, are you sure this is the house? I know they said it was hidden deep in the forest, but this place doesn't feel like how we thought it would be." Kenma noticed. He was right, it didn't give off that hidden dangerous house vibe. Both of them had been expecting an old, giant mansion-like house. With pieces of the building breaking apart. Yet, it was nothing like that. It was just a simple house deep in the forest, along with a tall gate that wasn't locked.

"Yeah, it has to be! We've been looking for this thing for two weeks now. And this looks exactly how that lady said it looked like." Hinata was already walking up to the gate. Expecting it to be locked but when he grabbed the bar it moved forward swinging open. He shook off the confused feeling focusing on letting Kenma know. "Come on! The gates are already unlocked!"

"That's usually not a good sign. You know that right? In some games it's how you meet the end boss by accident."

Hinata pulled Kenma's arm heading past the gate. "We'll then this is the end of our game." he grinned. "It means we found the treasure. We find the damsel in distress or whatever we call them. But the point is, it means we find everyone!"

Kenma chuckled, sighing as he realized there was no point in arguing. "Maybe they'll be some low-level enemies here then. It's better to level up a bit more before we run into the end boss."

Happy that Kenma finally agreed he pushed on. Walking towards the house, jumping when he heard the gate slam shut behind them. He growled upon hearing Kenma's laughter. "That was not funny!" he complained.

"Of course, it's not." a long silent moment passed as they reached the door. Kenma glanced back at the gate, mumbling under his breath. "It just means there's no going back until we beat the boss."

Slipping past the door, Kenma didn't seem surprised at how dusty it was. Covering his mouth attempting to clear the dust that surrounded him. He took a second catching his breath, once he knew it was clear, before looking for Hinata who was looking around at an old vase sitting atop a drawer that looked like it could fall any second. He reacted quickly seeing a string attached to the bottom just barely visible from where he was.

"Shoyo don't touch the vase!" he shouted, making Hinata freeze. His hands in the air, stepping away. "You saw something, didn't you?"

"Yeah." Kenma let out a breath of relief. "It might have been a trap of just an old piece of string but, I've learned you can't take a chance with anything like that."

"Then what do we do? Should we just leave it alone?"

"Just-wait a second and step away from that." Kenma told him. He scoured the room looking for something that he could use before his eyes landed on a curtain rail. He knew it would have to work, and if it didn't work this would end badly. Gripping the curtain pole in one hand he walked over towards the vase. When he was just at arm's length, he lifted the pole up carefully hiding it towards the string before slamming the pole down cutting the string off. He didn't move, hearing several machine-like sounds, clicking and something rolling. Then he fell rolling to one side just as an axe landed inches away from where he just was.