Welcome back...back home to all of us

"It had to be recent, probably after Bokuto and Taichi left..." those words cut through the air.

"Someone coughed, trying to grab their attention. Another member of Date Tech stood next to the door. Futakuchi was there, a partially deflated volleyball in his hands. "I'll just tell you this now. He's worried about more people dying. Whether it's from the fighters or by an illness, he doesn't want it to happen." he had a sad smile as he let the volleyball fall to the ground. "You're right about that. We lost one, only a couple days ago. Sakunami was only getting worse ever since the gas got him sick and when Koganegawa left to go get help he snuck out."

"He...he went the wrong way, didn't he?" Futakuchi fell silent for a moment proving that what they guessed was true

"We were too late, he got too far ahead of us, the fighters got him. I'm sure you can guess what happened after..."

"What about Koganegawa? Has he come back yet?"

"We radioed Daichi a couple hours after he left. They needed him to stay there for the next week.. We couldn't just let Daichi tell him, so we're waiting until he comes back."

"I see.." Tanaka muttered under his breath. "If you told him before then it would only keep him away longer."

"Exactly. He should be back soon, maybe a day after you head out to the main base. So you might see him out there."

"None of us will tell him if we do. It wouldn't be right to hear it from ones that haven't been seen in so long."

"Good, now go sit down. There's still a couple hours until day rise and you don't need to be tired when you leave." Futakuchi sighed before going back to the main room. The same one Kenma was in, finding no other way to go the group followed. Wondering what Futakuchi was doing.

"Kenma, I need you to wake up for a minute. You can do that right?" Futakuchi asked in a calming voice. "It's just for a minute. We have a better place where you can sleep. One with an actual bed."

Kenma's eyes blinked open slowly, Lev practically jumped back when he saw it. Kenma's eyes had turned to an almost clear color. But Futakuchi didn't look shocked by it, instead he reached his hand over to grab Kenma's pulling him up. "Just follow me, you're right next to a spare room we have. Then you can sleep some more."

"Okay..." Kenma's sleepily responded. Stumbling over his feet when Futakuchi stopped, letting go of his hand for a moment. Opening the door, then looking back at The other four. "There's a few bunk beds in here that you can lay down on."

Then being careful he led Kenma inside to the closest bed. Kenma laid down turning onto his side and almost in an instant he was out. Futakuchi frowned, pulling the unmade blanket over Kenma. Then turned back to the four who had in turn taken a seat on some of the bottom bunks.

"His eyes should be back to normal when you leave, if not. Then someone will have to lead him. That clear color is a sign of the illness starting to leave. But it also means that whoever has it will be unaware of almost anything that's going on. Like how he just listened to what I said. Which means he could also be tricked by one of the other groups out there."

"So we need to keep him towards the center of the group?" Nishinoya asked. "It's the safest spot so it should be easy enough. We could get Hinata to stay with him just in case. But it should work."

"Where is Hinata anyway?" Tanaka wondered. Their group had split apart once they got back.

"Akaashi's upstairs with Moniwa. And I saw Bokuto and Hinata counting the supplies we had left." Yamamoto stated. "But I'm not sure where the others went."