He found us, but we found two more

A day had passed since Akaashi had left. They hadn't heard anything from him. No sign, or clue saying he was okay. But still they kept a lookout, even changing shifts faster than before. Wanting the others to be well rested in case he showed up. With or without Bokuto.

Kenma was in charge of watching the door for the next two hours. Kindaichi was sleeping in the base, having just finished his shift, which was six hours instead of two. He insisted though claiming he could keep watch for that long.

Picking up the scythe, pulling it closer to him. He stared out the door, waiting for something. Someone, coming to help them. He didn't want to admit it in front of the first years, but he was scared. He knew they were worried about way too much. And being the only second year still with them didn't help. Especially with what he overheard them talking about.

He had to stay calm, he couldn't bring them any more trouble. He couldn't risk it. Yet with all the sleeping he's done just reminds him of the giant tube. The liquids that he felt were poisoned, they kept coming back. Even the last one, the blue liquid, that as soon as it even touched his skin made him feel like thousands of the other liquids combined.

He panicked sometimes, seeing the can of paint in other containers. A blue can, the lid was broken, paint dripping down the side. The same color frightened him, each time he passed by it. Shuttering at the thought, he shifted his focus back to the window ahead of him. Pointing the scythe at the door, he prepared himself not knowing what would come.

"Hey! Guys hurry and open the door! We gotta a group of fighters behind us." he jumped up hearing Yamamoto yell. Quickly he pushed the lock of the top half open pulling the door back.

"Got it open! How many are behind you?"

"Around twenty!' Nishinoya answered for him, diving through the door. The bags he carried spilling its contents. Tanaka seemed to throw three bags through the door before using the ax to swing at one of the fighters who had grabbed Yamamoto. Pushing the few that had gotten close away they pushed the door, letting Kenma know to lock it again. But he heard another voice with them, at first, he didn't recognize who it was. The only people he had heard talk in the last month were the other nine surviving with him.

"Kenma, where's Akaashi and the first years?"

"Akaashi left." Anahori answered for him. "We found Bokuto's jacket, and he had to go find him. Probably a couple hours after you left."

"So, he's been gone for over a day now? Why haven't you gone out to find him?"

"Kindaichi tried to leave, but when he grabbed the scythe to head out. He just froze, shaking his head. Then he gave the scythe to Kenma. He wouldn't say why he did that but I'm sure we all figured it out."

"He didn't want to leave you all without something to protect yourselves with. And if he left with nothing, then there was a chance he wouldn't come back."

"Yeah, he's even taken the longest shift between us. We changed every two hours, but we basically had to beg him to go rest after the sixth hour passed."

"You still didn't answer the other part of my question. What about the other first years? Where are they?"

"Hinata and Lev are in the back of the warehouse. Just rummaging through the containers, we hadn't touched. Kindaichi is resting and Yamaguchi is making sure he doesn't try to get up until he gets a few hours of sleep. I was just coming to check on Kenma and make sure he drank something." he lifted the unopened bottle of water, throwing it up to the place where Kenma was sitting.

But once that was done, he stopped seeing the fourth person. He gave a slight wave confused about why they had a new person. "Where'd you find him? I thought Shiratorizawa was still trying to get to Karasuno."