Reunion: Big changes Still unsure if truly safe but I can't shake this feelin

Walking down the road filled with cars, abandoned in an attempt to escape, was more fun than it seemed. Mostly for the ones who didn't have to carry anything at the time. Jumping on top of cars and hoping to the next. It was their own form of fun.

"Uhh guys...we have a problem!" Anahori yelled, several heads turning to face him. He stood on the hood of a car, the ax handle gripped tight in his hand. Pointing right in front of him, few had to move just to see it. But when they did panic took over, a swarm of fighters were walking their way.

"There's a truck tipped over up ahead! Keep running until you get past it! We can move a few cars to block off so we can buy time." Kindaichi shouted. Jumping over towards the car Anahori was on top of. Taichi gave the knife to Bokuto, knowing he was going to ask for it. Before hurrying to join the others.

"Let us know when they're far enough so we can run." Anahori told Bokuto. "If we're lucky they won't notice us at all but, knowing our luck, it won't happen."

"Wait a minute. Look out there, around the center of the group." Kindaichi pointed. "There's someone there, alive!"

"I seem 'em too, it can't be a fighter but how is he standing in the middle of there without them attacking?"

"I think he saw us."

"What makes you say that?"

"I don't know, maybe it's the fact that he's walking right at us. And he's carrying a knife, great just great. Just what we need right now."

"Get down from the top of that car and maybe he wouldn't have noticed either of you."

"Fine." Kindaichi agreed, jumping down to follow Bokuto a bit further back.

Anahori jumped down, landing on the opposite side of the car. Turning around to follow he realized his mistake trying to jump back so he could get away. But a hand grabbed his arm pulling him down before he could. On impact he let go of the ax, letting it clng to the ground, quietly. Yet it didn't seem like anyone noticed, not the fighters or the other two.

"You were there." he heard someone say, picking himself up. He reached for the ax only for it to be kicked away. Someone crouched in front of him, a knife dropped right next to his hand. "Use that, short range weapons work better. Better than ones like that."

"I...thanks?" he reached out, picking up the knife as he got to his feet. Then he recognized the mask, the same one Shirabu was wearing back then. Unable to keep himself from asking, he spoke up.

"What are you doing out here? I-i thought Rhys was heading back to check on you."

"To check on Ten, not me." Shirabu growled, shaking his head. "But you were there, when that orange haired boy called me a different name. He was telling the truth, I just wished I realized sooner."

"Do you remember anything?"

Shirabu frowned. "I just know my name, everything else is gone. Everything except the lies he told me."

"So you got away from that house onec you learned about that. Can't blame you, I'd do the same." Anahori admitted. "But if you want to know more about your past, then come with us. We're going to meet the other teams, yours should be there too."

"They'll ask questions... ones that I can't answer no matter how hard I try."

"But you can find out the answer to some of them. You can get away from Rhys and forget everything he tried to tell you. Or you could take out your anger on the fighters if that would work."

Shirabu gave in, agreeing to go along with them. But he kept the mask on wanting to keep his face covered. They walked slowly, according to Shirabu he learned they noticed fast movement more than sound. So running would only attract them more. "So is that how you managed to stay in the middle of the fighters without being attacked?"