A month passed brother still won't tell me, so I ran away

Soon enough a month passed after the last guest appeared, Shirabu didn't see much of his brother except for the few times he'd pass by the open door to his room. Rhys always seemed annoyed, not the same person from when Shirabu first woke up. It wasn't a nice feeling when Rhys walked past his room yelling about something, about a failed guest. And then when he yelled at Shirabu anytime he tried to ask about it.

So Shirabu started sneaking around, healing inside Rhys' room on days where Shirabu was sure he wouldn't come back upstairs for hours. That's where he found old papers, news articles with missing people's names on them. The last one was about three weeks ago, along with something about a green mist turning people into crazy bloodthirsty monsters.

"Player Kenjiro Shirabu from Shiratorizawa announced missing from the school's dorm. The room was torn up with no sign of the player anywhere, as the first person from his school to join the ever-growing list of volleyball players disappearances." he read to himself scanning the page. Next to it was a picture of him. The name 'Kenjiro Shirabu' written underneath it again.

"So that boy was right..." Shirabu frowned, setting the article back inside the desk drawer. "Brother-no! Rhys lied to me. He's been doing it this entire time. I-i can't stay here anymore, I need to leave."

He closed the drawer carefully trying to avoid making noise. Then hurried to sneak out the door. Running down the hall, he stumbled bumping into Rhys, falling to the ground from impact. "What are you doing out of your room, Tenn?"

Shirabu glanced up. "I-i was looking for you! It doesn't feel like we've seen each other much these days." he answered hoping he picked the right choice of wording.

"I see," Rhys paused, reaching his hand out to help Shirabu up. "I guess you're right. But sadly, that will have to wait. I have to leave to pick up more supplies for the house. So, I'll be gone for several days. But I'll see if I can pick up a few new books when I do."

"You will!" Shirabu asked, falling back into the roll 'Tenn' played for a moment. "Thank you!"

"I'll be heading out now.

Rhys smiled, patting him on the head. "Now head back to your room." his smile fell. Shirabu nodded. Hurrying back to his 'room' he went over what he had learned in his head. None of it matched up with what Rhys told him, none of it made sense. If they really did something to him, tricked him or whatever else Rhys had tried to convince him. Then why were they looking for him? Why were they comments from the team, asking for him to just be safe, to come back to them?

He kept looking out, checking to see if Rhys was still there. Only for him to be walking to one of the rooms at the end of the hall. Until he heard knocking at his door. Shirabu was already leaning back on the bed. His eyes closed for only a minute. "It's unlocked!"

Rhys cracked open the door, giving a small wave. "Sorry if I woke you." he admitted laughing a bit. "But I'm leaving now, and I thought it would be better if I told you instead of waking up when I wasn't there."

Shirabu nodded, half paying attention to what Rhys said. Glad when the door shut blocking out the light from the hallway. Sleeping peacefully as the base of his plan came to a start.

Time passed by quickly. Shirabu found himself waking up earlier than usual. The clock read a little past five. Pushing himself up, he put the mask back on. He couldn't help it, he felt weird not having that mask on.

Then he made his way back to Rhys' room heading straight for the drawers. Rummaging through the drawer finding a note that Rhys hid far in the back corner. "Karasuno." he read aloud. Scanning the rest of the page, he read through the note wondering what it was about.

"Karasuno was the first attack, the first victim." he realized dropping the paper. "If I go there, whatever that place is, maybe I'll find some answers."

But before he could even try to go out, he'd need something to fight with. There was still the problem with crazy green mist people from what he knew. So going out there unarmed was out of the question. "Time to look through the rooms, Rhys told me not." he grinned.

Only opening the door for a quick moment, looking inside, then closing the door once again. That's how he went through with this, not sure what lies behind the closed doors. Then he met the strange kitchen room, filled with glass and knives. He quickly noticed a spot in the wall, a giant cut fitting the same size of the knives surrounding it. Someone took one, probably one of the boys he saw last month.

Kicking aside the glass, he reached out and started to yank the knives out of the wall, setting them down on the counter before moving onto the next one. The third landed on top of the second one, a loud clang on impact. But that wasn't enough, he wanted to bring more. Enough so he could throw one and not have to worry about not having any more on hand.

Even once he had gathered enough, there was still an impressive amount of knives just sticking out of the wall. Three other walls were almost covered completely.

Shirabu had to leave the kitchen room, sticking a knife into the door just in case it closed while he left. Going to the garden and searching for a bag. One he saw Rhys use to carry, whatever he harvested that day, to the kitchen. So safe to say it was a giant bag, definitely big enough to hold the twenty-five knives Shirabu pulled from the wall.

Stealing a few water bottles from the actual kitchen along with some bags of chips that hadn't been opened yet, he stuffed both inside the bag. Moving the knives to one side and the food separating them from the water bottles. He slung the bag over his shoulder looking back at the room behind him. Sighing he took out one of the knives and stuck it into the wall carving out a message for Rhys.

'You lied' written in shaky carving as big as he could without breaking the letters apart. It was only fair, he did lie after all. So this was just giving him what he deserved, a little payback. It still wasn't much, but it was the best he could do for now. Until he learned the truth.

Slamming the door behind him, he almost wanted to do the same with the front door, tightening his grip on the knife he resisted. His focus turned back to finding Karasuno. Was it a school, or the name of a town? He didn't know, but if he found someone, then he'd ask.

So he just ran, careful not to drop the bag. Knife in his other hand ready in case he saw someone, whether or not they were turned by the mist. But the run through the woods was short lived. A highway with many parked cars lined up on both sides of the road. Abandoned, blood splashes covering some of the windshields. Yet there was no one in sight.

He shook his head. "They probably moved south after this." he muttered looking straight ahead. There was something pulling him that way. So he trusted it, a feeling was the only thing he could trust right now. So if he didn't then he couldn't trust anyone.

But if that was true, could he even trust this Karasuno place? He hoped he could, but being lied to, especially for over a month, made him doubtful. If they were lying then he'd be on his own. Living between the life of Ten, a brother of Rhys, he still wasn't sure what happened to him. He was real, the pictures proved it, but what happened to him was still a mystery.

And the other life of a high school volleyball player Kenjiro Shirabu, who was kidnapped before he first woke up. It was supposed to be who he was; it was his 'past', his life. And it was taken away from him and there was a possibility it wouldn't ever come back.