; - prologue

He was always the type to sacrifice himself for others, no matter the situation, he values his friends' and schoolmates' lives more than his own. However, there was this one girl who always placed herself before him. He won't go into detail anymore about her, he was somewhat scared of her and how powerful she is.

But she's just so beautiful that he couldn't stop looking at her. She was like the afternoon sunset that's about to set down on the horizon and he couldn't keep his eyes away from her. Her unwavering personality made him draw into her more. He painfully tried not to be obvious about his crush on her, but his friends always see right through him, urging him to man up and confess to her. Yet, he didn't act on it and decided to play safe - admiring her from the distance.

That didn't meant he didn't cared about his abundant feelings for her, no. He just didn't know what to do if one day, he wakes up and she's dead. What would he feel when the news breaks into him? What would he feel when he sees her lifeless, cold body in the school's morgue?

Being in the same year as her didn't make it any easier, especially when his teacher and friends know about his feelings for her, always pushing him to talk to her, grow closer to her. As they once said, nothing will happen if he just continues to admire her from afar and not try to get to know her in a personal level. But dear god, whenever she was close to him, she smelled so good. He wanted nothing more but to bury his face into the crook of her neck and take a long deep breath of her, be able to feel her golden honey locks in his calloused, rough hands.

If only life were a little bit different for them, he would have held onto her as tight as he could.

"Megumi, I have a favor to ask. Would that be okay with you?" Her voice so soft and honey like.

'Of course. Anything you'd ask for, I'll do it in an instant.' is what he wanted to say. But he didn't.

"Go ahead" He replies to her, hands shoved inside the pockets of his uniform while they stared at the dancing bamboo sticks as the cool breeze past them by in the afternoon.

"If I die, tell my father, that I'm sorry I couldn't make it with him to Malaysia."