When the holiday break was over, Megumi was surprised not seeing Momoka in school today. While the first period drew over, he thought, maybe she was running late again because she's all caught up reading over a new book she must have received during the break and got lost in time. But when the first class ended and Megumi turned his head to look outside the windows to stare at the world outside, his gut told him that something's up. 

"Hi Fushiguro! Want to hang out with me today after school?" Yuzura asks, winking at him as she uses her arms to squish her breasts together, in the hopes that Megumi would look at her.

"No thanks. I have other plans." Megumi quickly responded, not sparing even one look at Yuzura as he passes her by. Going to the boys' bathroom and sneaking his phone out of his pocket, there was even no texts from her. He would have been given a heads up if something was going on with her. But where could Momoka be now?

When lunch period came, Megumi was left alone by himself. Usually, Momoka would be pulling his arm to drag him to the school store to eat ice cream. He would be lying if he said he didn't miss her, half a day has only passed him by and he was already looking for her in places she's usually in.

"Oy, Fushiguro! What's that look on your face?" One of the school delinquents called for him from behind. "I hate your face. Fix it, will you?"

Megumi irked. He clearly isn't in the friendliest of mood today, and without thinking, he lunged at them and started throwing his fists, punching their jaws and noses. Beating them all up into a pulp before dragging their bodies on the ground to create a mountain, sitting on the very top with his legs spread and elbow resting on his lap, cheek resting on his knuckles.

"Since you all came for me today, I only have one question." Megumi begins to say, "Have you all seen Nanami?" He asks. All Megumi received was a chorus of "No", "Nope" and "Didn't see her". Sighing to himself, he remained in his spot.

"Do you all know the basis of human interaction?" Megumi suddenly asks. No one from them responded at first, but a weak voice replied and said "I don't."

"Words like 'I won't kill you so please don't kill me either.' You can always replace the word 'kill' with something else. In short, never cross any line that violates someone else's dignity. Through this process, mutual existence is realized." Megumi explains, eyebrows furrowed with his right hand lightly scratched his forehead.

Stepping on their backs as he climbed down, Megumi shoved his hands inside the pockets of his pants' uniform, heading inside the main building. "I'm clearly busy today. Can't you all see that?" He asks with his back turned to them, walking away. "If you do that to me again, I'm going to kill you."

As Megumi reached the inside of the main building, he went over to the locker hallway and stopped in front of Momoka's. As he opened the door of her locker, everything was still there.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

Click!

Clack!

Click!

Clack!

A makeshift wooden katana against Geto's playful cloud made it very difficult for Momoka to make Geto loosen his grip around it. For today's training, Geto decided to test her weapon wielding ability after teaching her how to for almost two weeks.

"Go Momoka!" Yu happily cheers, clapping his hands above his head, sitting besides Nanami who has his arms crossed over his chest.

"Momoka's slowly becoming a natural! At this rate, I can't wait to become her advisor when she reaches her second year!" Yu gushes, clapping his hands as Momoka successfully is able to make Geto lose his hold on the playful cloud, jumping on the ground and then taking it into her free hand.

"Although it's too bad that Himiko and Nanako didn't want to become jujutsu sorcerers, but I'll respect their decision. Momoka wants to become one right?" Yu asks, turning his head to look at Nanami.

"Wrong." Nanami responded, "She wants to become an auxiliary manager."

"HUH?!" Yu cries out loudly, eyes widening and almost falling from the bleachers. "T-T-That...!"

"She says being an assistant director and having control over other auxiliary managers excites her more when she knew about his profession. After she graduates, I'll be enrolling in her for driving school next." Nanami replies.

Yu sighs, dropping his shoulders. "It can't be helped then." He responded. "Are you okay with that?"

"It's not up to me whatever Momoka wants to become. Whoever she wants to be, it all depends to her. As a parent, I can only listen to her wishes, give her advise and watch her achieve all her dreams." Nanami says, a small smile painting on his lips as he stands up, climbing down the steps of the bleacher.

"Eh? Where are you going?" Yu asks.

"I believe it's my turn." Nanami responded.

At first, Yu didn't know what he meant until it clicked into him.

"Good work for today, Momoka!" Geto praises, raising a hand at Momoka. In which the teenager smiled brightly and gave him a high five with his raised hand. 

"Sadly, I will not be the next person training with you." Geto replies, taking his phone out of the pocket of his robes. "Today is Himiko's and Nanako's parent teacher conference. I need to be there." He adds.

"Huh?" Momoka quizzes, blinking her eyes. "If you're not the one going to train me, then who is it?"

"Me." Nanami spoke from behind Momoka.

Turning around on her heels, Momoka watches her father unhook the blunt knife he always carries behind his back, pointing at the blade in front of her.

"Please show me that you are worthy of becoming an adult."

As the father and daughter head on to a battle, Geto makes his exit from the school and Yu continues to cheer for Momoka in the bleachers. And all the while Momoka continues to spar with her father, her phone inside her backpack kept ringing and lighting.

12 missed calls from Megumi

To: Momoka
From: Megumi

Where are you? am 10:21

Lunch for today is your favorite. Just telling you. am 10:22 

I asked our homeroom teacher in where you are, but he didn't tell me anything. am 10:23

Tsumiki is even asking about you am 10:23

You can come over to our house. I've did some tidying last night. am 10:23

It feels weird having the seat besides me be empty for how many days. am 10:24

Can I come see you today? am 10:24

edited: 120822