じゅじゅさんぽ # 1

Two months after transferring to Urami East High,

Holding multiple stacks of notebooks in her hands that almost towered over her head, Momoka tilted her head to the side to look at the flight of stairs that she has to step onto to get to the second floor of the room.

"So little yet so heavy..." She mumbles to herself, letting out a breath before carefully sticking one foot out and then climbing up the stairs one by one, biting her lower lip in the hopes that she does either fall forward and hit her upper torso or fall backward and injure her spine and back of the head.

"Why does he even like to grade notebooks in the science laboratory, he should just do so in the faculty room." She mumbles again, sticking another foot out to climb another step of stairs.

"Gosh..." Momoka voices out, leaning the notebooks against her chest. "How can notebooks be this heavy?" She complains.

Unbeknownst to her, the trouble she is facing right now suddenly faded and became lighter as a pair of hands takes the stacks of notebooks off her, taking her responsibility into their own.

"Fushiguro?" Momoka asks, surprised to see him holding onto her responsibility right in front of her. "You didn't have do that. I'm almost close to the scie-"

"Mr Samura called me already for that." He cuts her in, turning around to climb up the stairs.

Leaving to herself, Momoka smiles as she follows behind him. 

One step, two step, three step, the two teenagers walked together side by side in silence. Though in silence, it was comforting, not the awkward one.

Upon reaching the second floor, Momoka hurriedly opens the door for Megumi, letting him pass through the door first, her second.

"Huh? Mr Samura isn't here?" She asks, looking around before turning to face Megumi with a smile.

"Thank you so much for helping me out!" She beams, bowing her head a little to him.

"I'll be going out now" He bids, shoving his hands inside the pocket of his uniform before exiting.

"Bye bye!" She bids, waving a hand as he exits, all the while she takes a sit on a wooden stool, waiting for their science teacher to pop in and join her inside the science laboratory.

As if on cue, Mr Samura entered, flickering a red ballpen in his fingers, immediately taking notice of her. "Ah, Miss Nanami!"

"I've brought the notebooks!" She replies, ushering to the neatly stacked forty notebooks on top of the table. "Thank you for asking Fushiguro to help me and carry these! I kind of was getting worried over climbing up the stairs to get here..." She adds.

"...Mister Fushiguro?" Mr Samura questions, blinking his eyes before shaking his head, walking over to his desk and then sitting on his chair. "I never asked him to help you."

edited: 120722