十四 x 1k reads special

"Has anyone seen Megumi?" Momoka asks as she jogs down the stone steps, standing in between Toge and Maki before the circular grounds of the school. Hair tied into two ponytails with the use of black ribbons while clad in a black and red colored track suit and black low cut sneakers.

"Hm?" Panda hums, ears perking up as soon as he heard Momoka mention Megumi's name. "Why did you ask? Did you miss him already?"

"Huh?" It was Momoka's turn to ask, her cheeks slightly turning in pink. "He said to spar with him today, Panda san!"

Before Panda could say anything, Nobara beated him to it. "First to the other side of the field wins!"

Panda gawked and immediately ran back to his lane, racing against Nobara to the other side.

Maki noticed something from behind them, turning her head to look on what or who it is.

"You're too slow, Megumi." Maki says

"Konbu" Toge greets

Turning around, Momoka caught sight of Megumi zipping up his track suit. He looked the same just as when they shared the same Physical Education class in middle school.

"What were you doing?" Maki asks

"Nothing important" Megumi quickly responded. "Zenin san" He adds

"Hm?" Maki hums. "Can't you call me by my first name instead of that?"

"As a jujutsu sorcerer, what kind of people do you want to save?" Megumi asks

'What?" Maki responded. "I'm not interested in the people I save." She quickly adds.

Megumi deadpans, looking away. "I shouldn't have asked you." He mumbled, turning his attention to Momoka afterwards.

"What about you?" Megumi asks, looking at Momoka who also turned her head to look at him.

"What about me?" Momoka asks, blinking her eyes at him.

"What kind of people do you want to save?" Megumi repeats

"That's...a really tough question" Momoka says, letting out a breath as she turns her head to look at Panda who's spinning Nobara around by her ankles.

"But I would say that I'd want to save people who are weak." Momoka replies.

"Why?" Megumi asks

"They're weak not because they are, but because they don't know what lurks in a world they don't know, like ours!" Momoka says.

"If everyone in this country is a jujutsu sorcerer, then seeing curses and exorcising them would be a normal thing, a normal occurrence, an everyday or day to day type of living. But because they aren't, well, I gotta believe in myself." Momoka offered to explain herself, shrugging her shoulders.

"Fight for what's right, fight for the weak." Momoka continues. "That is just how I tell myself when I deal with something."

Her words had left Megumi stunned and made him ponder. To think that Momoka had offered him her explanation in a detailed manner just had his mind thinking about it. It was as if, Momoka really knew what she got herself into. Just as he was thinking about what she said, Nobara's voice came booming.

"Fushiguro!" Nobara shouted, still being spinned around by Panda in her ankles. "It's not the time for interviews! I'm sick of my school uniform! Let me buy some cute sportswear!"

"Here it comes!" Panda says before happily tossing Nobara on the ground.

"What are they doing?"