• s i x t e e n •

Third PoV:

The rest of the week pasted by in a blur. School was like always. Leandro kept talking to Elena, even when she would not respond.

The girls surprisingly left her alone though. There were no more incidents like the one on Tuesday. The most Elena received from them were glares and occasionally, when they felt really bold insults were thrown in her direction.

But everytime that happened, the one that insulted her would fall in the middle of the hallway. Elena wasn't sure why they would always fall up until Friday morning.

As soon as she walked into school, Guilia called her a bitch. A minute later Guilia was laying on the floor.

All Elena saw over Guilia's form though was the behind of someone that looked a lot like one of her brothers. But it couldn't be one of them.

What reason would they have to defend her? After all, Elena hasn't talked to them since Tuesday evening when Ivano revealed her secrets.

Every morning Cedro would wish her a good morning, which Elena ignored. Every night, he would wish her a good night and sweet dreams, which she also ignored.

The twins would try to have a conversation with her on the way to or from school. Everytime they were ignored.

Santino tried small talk with her on Thursday evening but was also ignored.

Ivano didn't even bother trying to get her to talk to them. He simply didn't care about her childish attitude.

But now it was Friday afternoon, she was sitting in the back of the car with Giovanni in the passenger seat and Marcello driving them back home and she could no longer ignore them.

"Santino wanted you to know that we're going out for dinner to a restaurant this evening." Marcello told her while looking at her through the rear view mirror to gauge her reaction.

Elena looked up from where she was staring at her lap and and gave them both a confused look.

"He said to wear whatever you're comfortable with. We're leaving at 7:30." Giovanni added to his twin's statement.

"Why?" Elena asked.

"Hm?" Gio questioned.

"Why do I have to go with you?"

"Because it's a family celebration and you are family, sorellina." Marcello explained.

"What family celebration?"

The twins exchanged a look, "a work thing."

"What work thing?" She curiously asked them.

Thinking about it, she realizes that no one ever told her what they did. All she knew was that they have a lot of money and that they have work meetings in the house. That is all.

"Just a boring business deal." Marcello quickly replied.

To quick, in Elena's opinion.

"If it's boring, why are we celebrating it?"

"You should ask Santino about that."

"But I'm asking you two." She said, highly irritated.

Why would they not tell her about the work thing if it is so boring?

Do they trust her that little?

Before she can question them any further though, Marcello pulls up in the driveway and they're both out of the car before she can even unbuckle her seatbelt.