• t h i r t y •

Third PoV

"What the fuck is he up to now?" Marcello rolls his eyes. The oldest two are watching the security footage from home while Giovanni is trying to track Ivano's phone.

Eleonora is sitting next to Marcello, slightly leaning against him by now. She would never admit it out loud, but she's worried about Ivano.

Despite their differences and his obnoxious attitude concerning her, he is still her brother and she cares about him. And even though she doesn't know him that well, disappearing after an occurrence like that doesn't seem like something he would do. Especially not when she is involved in it.

Her worried brothers only add to her own worry. None of them say or show it but the panicked expression that washed over their faces when they noticed that Ivano can't be reached didn't go past her.

Their panic reminded her of her own when her mother got murdered. The absolute helplessness and knowledge that there is nothing she can do to help makes her incredibly nauseous.

All she can do is hope that Ivano is alright and just needs some time away from them after everything that happened the past few days. But somehow she can't believe that he would do such a thing. At least not without letting at least one of them know that he needs some space or at least about his whereabouts.

"There's nothing on here. Our guards got there and Ivano drove off in one of our cars. No one followed him." Cedro says, frustrated with his little brother.

"His phone isn't on and I also can't track him. I can't even track the car." Giovanni irritatedly expresses. One look at him let Eleonora know how serious the situation is.

Giovanni's face is etched with worry and for a millisecond, tears gathered in his eyes when he had to let the others know what he found out.

He felt helpless and just as useless as his little sister. Because he is supposed to be good at this. Knowing where everyone is all the time and being able to track them is his thing. His thing that he is supposed to be good at and he usually is. But now that it is once again serious, he isn't able to help anyone. He's actively letting his brother down by not being able to help him.

Just the mere thought of Ivano needing his help and him not being able to help is ruining him from inside. And he's not the only one that feels like that.

"Do you have his last location?" Santino asks, slamming his laptop shut.

"A few streets away from our house. He was headed here."

"Then he should be here soon." Santino declares, pushing all his worries aside for the sake of his siblings. Especially the youngest that's cowering in the couch with a quivering lip and tears gathered in her eyes.

Marcello, who follows Santino's line of sight takes notice of his sister's expression too and his hatred for Ivano once again grows, "don't worry, he's probably getting high again.".

"Marcello." Cedro irritatedly says.

"I'm just saying what we all should be thinking, Cedro."

"You're not." Giovanni gestures towards their sister with a roll of his eyes.

"I am. Ivano is old enough to make his own decisions and if disappearing after a break in without telling anyone where he is, is his idea of the right decision then let him be on his own and forget about him."