• t w e n t y e i g h t •

Third PoV

The car moves closer to them.

Marcello tenses out of pure fear of the possibility of his sister getting hurt. She was lucky enough to escape the danger once again, but eventually everyone's luck runs out and their fate is bound to catch up to them.

And all the Mancini brother can do right now, is hope that this moment isn't right now and that he will still have more time with his sister. More time to experience and share joyful moments with her that aren't painted by danger and sadness.

He wishes for Christmases and birthdays filled with happiness. Movie nights filled with laughter. Sleepovers full of gossip and unforgettable moments to fulfill the hole in his - and his brothers - hearts created by the time away from their youngest.

He doesn't wish for break ins, violence, guns, threats and danger to overshadow every aspect of Eleonora's life. But it's the sad reality he is confronted with day upon day and can never seem to escape. He can only imagine how overwhelming and confusing this all must be for her.

The car stops right next to them.

Marcello's and Matteo's fingers are both on their respective trigger, ready to pull it and put an end to the life of whoever decided to follow them when the passenger's blacked out window rolls down.

"What are you doing? Drive!" Cedro irritatedly yells at Matteo. Marcello and him put their guns away and relief floods their bodies.

"We planned on killing whoever is following us, Cedro." Matteo tells him.

The backseat window rolls down too and Giovanni looks at his twin. They exchange a small, short lived and relieved smile that both of them appear to be uninjured and are at least for the moment both safe.

"Where's Elena?" Santino asks, leaning forward from behind Cedro to look at Matteo.

"Backseat. She's in shock though." Matteo calmly tells the oldest Mancini brother. Cedro sighs and his heart breaks a little for his youngest sibling.

"Did she say anything?" Giovanni asks from the backseat.

"No. She's unresponsive. She's just staring into nothing. She hasn't talked yet either but she's aware of what happened. At least she's aware that there men with guns that terrified her." Marcello sighs and looks down at his little sister. He gently moves strands of her hair out of her face and behind her ear.

"She'll be okay though." Matteo quickly adds to his statement before the brothers can say something.

"When?" The twin presses for an answer.

"Most likely when she's in a safe and calm environment, Giovanni. Not right now when she's in the car in the middle of a road right after most likely seeing people or definitely hearing people get killed."

"We'll get her to a safe space then. Drive to the warehouse and take her into my office, we'll meet you there." Cedro says while Santino stares ahead with a calculating expression.

His pointer finger taps against the steering wheel in a rhythmic pattern. Millions of thoughts run through his mind but they all lead to one.

The terrified 13 year old girl he once again failed to protect.

His father never would have let it get this far.

"I'll go with you." Giovanni decides once his older brother finishes talking and quickly gets out of the car and into the one with his twin in it.

"Be careful." Santino grunts out before speeding off.

"Are you okay?" Matteo asks Giovanni while starting the car. He follows the car from the Mancini brothers with a slower speed to ensure Elena's safety.