• t w e n t y s e v e n •

Third PoV

"What was that?" Elena asks confused once she calmed her heartbeat down and doesn't cower in the couch anymore.

"It was probably just Ivano slamming the door again." Matteo calms her down but gets up nonetheless to see what happened.

He walks towards the door and once he is a few steps away from it, it slams open and Marcello stands in the doorway. He quickly pushes past Matteo and relief floods his body when his eyes land on his sister.

"We need to leave." Marcello rushes out while pulling his sister off the couch. Matteo nods and quickly walks towards the desk in the room. He opens the first drawer on the left side and retrieves a key out of it. With the key, he unlocks the bottom drawer on the same side and gets out a gun and a few bills. He shoves the bills into his pocket and locks the drawer again.

"Come on then." Matteo tells him and walks back towards the door. Marcello nods and follows him, pulling his wide eyed sister along with him. "What's happening?" Elena sputters confused.

"We'll explain everything later but you need to trust me and be quiet right now." Marcello whispers. He pleadingly looks down to her once they are in the hallway and sees pure confusion etched upon her face. Her eyebrows are drawn together and her lips are partly opened, ready to voice her protest.

Upon seeing Marcello's expression and his tensed body though, she decides to be quiet for now and let her brother and Matteo guide her wherever they try to.

"We need to leave through the backyard." Marcello tells Matteo when he tries to walk towards the front door.

Matteo nods and turns back around. He walks further into the house with the two of the six Mancini siblings following him. "Where are the others?"

"Outside. Santino wants us to take her to work." Marcello says and abruptly has to stop to prevent himself from walking into Matteo. Elena is not fast enough to stop and walks into her brother.

Marcello reaches out to steady her on her feet. With his other hand, he retrieves a gun from the back of his pants and holds it down at his side, out of sister's eyes.

"We can't go that way. We either have to go upstairs or try to leave through the garage." Matteo whispers and signals towards the four armed men walking in front of the house. They're all dressed in black and looking around as if they are waiting for someone.

"We can't stay here, Matteo. We'll have to take the risk with the garage." Marcello tells him. He nods and turns back around.

"Be quiet and be careful, cara. I'll explain everything later." Marcello whispers into his sister's ear before pulling her along with him. Elena numbly follows him.

She wants to protest and ask him what is going on but the sight of them with guns and strangers on the property with guns terrifies her.

Especially because it makes her nightmare a little to realistic.

Which leads to her panicking again but she can't let it overtake her. Not right now. Not when her brother and Matteo are trying their best to quietly leave the house with her.

But the uncertainty of what is going on and where her brothers are is becoming to much for her. Her breath gets caught in her throat for what seems to be the up tenth time this week and her knees start to wobble. She stops walking and Marcello abruptly turns towards her.

"We can't stop right now." Marcello tells her, harsher than he intends to.

"I'm sorry." She chokes out and Matteo turns around towards them. He sees her trembling form and cusses beneath his breath.