•t h r e e•

Cedro PoV:

"I know, I should have watched our surroundings better but I mostly watched Elena. I can assure you that it will not happen again," I told my fuming brother.

I understand why he is fuming though. Hell, if one of our brothers would have come to me and told me that a stranger followed him and Elena, I would have ripped him a new one for not watching his surroundings enough.

But this did not happen to another brother. It happened to me. It happened while I was shopping with our sister. I might have never noticed him if she had not point the man out to me.

"It better not happen again."

"It won't."

"Do not think I will go this easy on you if I hear about something like this again."

"I know, Santino."

"Good. But since it already happened she needs bodyguards," he said.

"What are you going to tell her when she asks why she has bodyguards?" I asked Santino.

While I agree that Elena should have bodyguards, she most definitely will start asking questions about why she has them and what she needs them for me and no one of us wants her to know that we are part of the mafia. It would stress her and she might be scared of us and stop trusting us which is why we are keeping this a secret.

"We will tell her that it is for her safety. Absolutely no details about why she needs them."

"She's going to ask us why she needs them, Santino and if she is anything like us, she won't take no for an answer."

"She will have to accept the answers I provide to her questions. Everything I do not answer, will stay unanswered and she will have to live with it," Santino dismissed my concerns.

"Who did you choose for her bodyguards?" I sighed and in that moment a knock from the door was heard.

"Come in," my brother called.

The door opened and two of our bodyguards came in. In fact, two of our best men.

"You wanted to see us, capo?" The older one of them, Emiliano, asked.

"Yes. Sit down, please," he told them, signaling them to sit down beside me on the chairs in front of his desk.

"As you might know, our younger sister Eleonora has returned home to us."

"Yes capo, we heard the news," The younger one, Dante, said.

"From who?" I asked them, exchanging a look with Santino.

We all agreed to keep Eleonora's return a secret and only inform the men we come in contact with everyday about it and Dante and Emiliano do not belong to those men.

"We heard your brother talk about it."

"Which one?" Santino sighed.

"Ivano, capo," Dante answered.

"Of course," my brother muttered, "Straight to the point then, you two are some of the best men we have and have proved your loyalty towards me and my brothers which is why I decided that you two are going to be her personal bodyguards from now on."