⏳Prologue⏳

~💚~

"Aaaaand once my vision had ended, all of the sand, had covered both me and your Tias from head to toe."

"Ah ha ha ha! Were they mad at you?"

"Oh, Pepa was furious, so, by the end of it, not only were we covered in sand, but wet from her little angry cloud, and sinking in the mud,"

"Hahahahaha!"

Bruno smiled warmly at the laughing boy seated in his lap. The young, green-eyed male clapped his hands on his legs in glee as he rocked back and forth on his father's leg.

"What about Tia Julieta? What did she do?" 

"Well... despite being the oldest, Julieta's always played middle child for me and Pepa, she just made sure neither of us was hurt." 

"That does sound like Tia..." The small boy smiled before sighing and casting his eyes down into his lap.

Bruno tilted his head slightly, his happy expression falling into one of concern.

"Nikolai? Buddy... what's wrong?" Bruno asked softly, using his hand to softly lift the chin of his son so their eyes met.

"Papa? What if the miracle gives me a gift that does nothing?" Niko asked quietly as looked up at the older Madrigal in worry. 

Bruno blinked, not expecting such a gloomy question from his cheerful five-year-old. 

"Well... if the miracle, does, decide... that your gift, is not meant to help others... I guess we'll just have to find out what it can do... won't we?" Bruno smiled, running his hand lightly over his son's head, ruffling his hair. 

Nikolai smiled, nodding his head as he looked between his father's hazel eyes happily. Light tapping then sounded, and a small silver alarm clock bounced along the wooden floors to settle in front of the pair. 

Nikolai's face lit up significantly, the small boy crawling and shuffling off his father's lap and off the bed. Bruno chuckled, moving himself to stand and straighten his clothes before taking his son's hand and leading him down the stairs toward the patio entrance. 

"Papi? What do you think my gift will be?" Nikolai asked as they walked. 

"I'm not sure, could be anything..." Bruno answered as they reached the patio arch, a large red flower curtain hanging to shield Nikolai from view till it was his time.

"All I know, is that whatever gift you receive... I could not be more proud of my hombrecito." The older male knelt in front of his son, and cupped his face gently, smiling lovingly at Nikolai before placing a gentle kiss on his forehead and standing. 

"I'll see you at your door ok, and remember to smile," The future seer added before exiting the curtain and heading up the stairs to where his mother was waiting with the miracle candle. 

Nikolai took a deep breath as the curtains opened and the lights shone brightly on him. The young Madrigal walked forward confidently, giving side smiles to his older cousins and family members as he walked past, climbing the stairs and pausing in front of his Abuela and dad. Placing his hands on the candle, Nikolai listens to the oath Abuela recited to all of her grandchildren on the day of their gift before pulling away and stepping toward the glowing wooden door before him.

"Por favor se asombroso..." Nikolai whispers to himself before raising his hand to the knob, grabbing hold while holding his breath.

---
--
-

It was a cool, quiet morning in the Casa de le Madrigal. The sun had not yet risen fully, barely peeking over the horizon, giving the sky a dark but beautiful dawn glow. The soft shades of orange, pink, purple, and blue complimented the fluffy white clouds that glide gracefully in peace, the wind blowing softly. The slight creak of a door opening and light footsteps on wooden stairs echoed through the air as a tall, slim figure clad in a large emerald green sweater emerged from a narrow staircase, pausing at the bottom step. Drawing a deep breath, said figure placed their hand on the wall as they began their walk toward the stairs and down to the first floor, lightly dragging their fingers over the peach-painted walls.

"Hm hm hm... hm hmm mh... hm hm hm mmmh, hm hm hm... mm mmh hmm, hm hm hm mm... Hm hm mmmh, hm hmmmmhmmmmh hm mm m mmh hm mm..."

Humming softly as they made their way into the kitchen, the tall figure was greeted with a small cup of coffee already waiting while a small plate was shuffled across the counter by the tiles of Casita.

"Hm hm hm hmm mm hm mmmh, hm mm hm hmm mmh hmm... Hm hm hm hm... hmm mh hm hm hm hmm mmmh..."

The figure walked over to the cupboards, grabbing a few breakfast snacks such as a banana, some dragon fruit, and two or three arepa con queso and placing them on the plate before grabbing the coffee and leaning against the counter.

"Hmmm mm hm... hm hmm mm hmmmm... hm mm hm hmm mmh hm hm hmm mmmh..."

The figure continued to hum as they ate, turning their head to face the one open window, they watched the sky get slightly brighter as the sun began its rise. Still they stood, seemingly frozen in place as their bright green eyes pierced through the dark. However, watching the night turn into day seemed to upset the figure as their eyes not only grew narrow, but their pupil shifted from a normal circle, into a heart with a lightning-shaped crack down the middle.

"Tch... day of celebration my foot..." The figure scoffed, placing their coffee down harshly before returning to their room.