{{𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 1}}

~💚~

The hours passed by quickly, and the sun now shone strongly in the bright blue sky. In the silent halls of the Madrigal house, a young girl with short, curly, black hair walks determinedly down the corridor toward the kitchen with Casita opening shutters around her. She reaches the dining room and begins setting the table for breakfast. Each member of the family has their own plate decorated according to their own unique gift. As the cheerful female sets the table, kids holler at her from outside.

"Hey! When's the magic gift happen?!" A young boy, holding a cup, called to the teen girl.

"My cousin's ceremony is tonight." She calls back, continuing to set the table.

"What's his gift?!" A young girl, who had accompanied the boy, asked.

"We're gonna find out!" The teen answered walking around to the other side of the table.

"What's your gift?!" The young boy calls again, wiping his mouth from sipping whatever liquid was in his little cup.

"Who's asking?" The young teen smirks, teasingly asking the three friends.

The three kids reply with an 'Us!' in unison, all giving the older female a bright smile each.

"Well, "us," I can't just talk about myself... I'm only part of the amazing Madrigals." The teen mimics as she lays the last plate, gesturing back to the family tree hanging on the wall as she spoke about her family.

"Who's all the amazing Madrigals?" The three toddlers cheer bouncing around.

"Haaa, you're not gonna leave me alone, are you?" The young Madrigal sighed, tilting her head with her hand on her hip before continuing.

"Casita, help me out. Drawers!" She calls out, pointing to the cutlery drawer set against the far wall.

Casita obeys and moves its drawers in a rhythmic beat.

"Floors!"

Casita flips its floor tiles.

"Doors!"

And lastly, all the golden doors shine brighter as instructed.

"Let's goooo!" The young teen smiles and begins to sing to introduce her family.

"THIS IS OUR HOME. WE'VE GOT EVERY GENERATION! SO FULL OF MUSIC A RHYTHM OF ITS OWN DESIGN!" She knocks on one of her cousin's doors, skipping forward to do the same on the next to help wake her family.

"THIS IS MY FAMILY, A PERFECT CONSTELLATION! SO MANY STARS AND EVERYBODY GETS TO SHINE." She sings as the family hustles to get ready for the day with help from the house.

"WHOA, BUT LET'S BE CLEAR, ABUELA RUNS THIS SHOW." The teen Madrigal sings, skidding past the door set in the middle of the wall, decorated with an elderly woman holding a candle.

On cue, Abuela exits her room, a soft smile on her face as she looks over her grandchildren as they exit their rooms. Three doors were lining the walls on each side. On her right, at the very end of the hall emerged a young boy with tan skin, curly brown hair, and a bright yellow Pancho. In front of him stood a taller female with big eyes, large ears, and a dress of yellow and red. On Abuela's left, at the end of the corridor, danced a beautiful female with dark espresso-colored skin, long smooth black hair, and a purple floral-themed dress. In front of her was a large muscular woman, in a white top, blue skirt with her curly hair plaited and in a bun. Lastly, from the door closest to Abuela on the left, emerged a tall teen male. He also had lightly tanned skin, straight, medium-length black hair, and a dark green hooded sweater.