{{{𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 6}}

~💚~

So the Family was... no help, there was only an hour before the Guzmans got here, and Mirabel still sat with no answers. She stared at the pieced-together vision, her eyes locked with her emerald reflection. There had to be someone... anyone who knew more about what Bruno's visions meant than just bad fortune...

"..." A lightbulb went off in Mirabel's head.

Placing all the vision shards back into her bag, Mirabel stuck her head out of her bedroom cautiously, looking around to make sure no one was around, Mirabel quickly snuck down the hall and paused before a door.

"You can do this..." Mirabel tried to hype herself up before stepping forward and knocking on the door loudly.

"Niko...? It's Mira..." Mirabel called as she pushed the door open, sticking her head inside.

"Woah..." Mirabel pushes the door to her cousin's room open further, entering fully.

Looking around in wonder, Mirabel stares at the rows of tall trees littering the lower floor, lined up perfectly on either side of a stone staircase set before her feet

Looking around in wonder, Mirabel stares at the rows of tall trees littering the lower floor, lined up perfectly on either side of a stone staircase set before her feet. Taking in a breath, Mirabel steps forward, suddenly the sounds of birds chirping and singing fill her ears, the warm sun gleaming through the thick trees hitting her skin and giving her goosebumps. A cool breeze blows over the staircase as she continues, swaying her hair and clothing softly. Mirabel smiles as she does a quick spin to take in all the scenery, pausing as the stone steps end, giving way to a deep green spiral staircase.

 Mirabel smiles as she does a quick spin to take in all the scenery, pausing as the stone steps end, giving way to a deep green spiral staircase

"More steps... haaaa what is it with you people," Mirabel sighs but begins her climb.

As she climbs, she begins to hear the sound of running water, as if a stream or Waterfall was nearby. Placing her hands on the smooth wood of the railing, Mirabel looks up at the staircase as it slowly comes to an end, the higher she gets, the more amazing her cousin's room becomes. Mirabel was too young to remember the night of Nikolai's ceremony, and most of the family didn't go back into each other's room after that... so she was seeing it all for the first time...

Reaching the top step, the staircase panned out into a large wooden floor, stone columns lining the edges with dark Ivy climbing the walls. Looking up with wide eyes Mirabel awed at the glass ceiling, watching large white clouds drift overhead.