{{𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7}}

~💚~

Needless to say, this family dinner was a disaster before it had even begun... Abuela sat at the far end, or the head- of the table, with Mariano's Abuela, Mariano, Isabela, Mirabel, and Augustin to her left, Julieta, Pepa, Felix, Camilo, Dolores, and Nikolai to her left, while Luisa and Antonio sat opposite her at the other end of the table.

"The Guzmans and the Madrigals together will be so good for the Encanto." Abuela Alma speaks, smiling sweetly at Abuela Guzman.

"Yes, then let's hope tonight is not a horrible disaster."

Abuela Alma chuckles and then raises her glass of wine.

"To a perfect night, Salud!" She toasts.

"Salud!" Everyone follows suit, raising their own wine or glass of juice for those under 18.

Mirabel does her best to act normal as she maintains unwavering eye contact with Dolores, who struggles to keep cool, her face giving her a look like she's gonna pop any minute. Mirabel keeps staring at Dolores, willing her not to divulge the secret. Nikolai raises his eyes from his food to look at Mirabel, his younger cousin's eyes still glued to Dolores.

"Avacado?" Mariano calls to Mirabel, placing the bowl in front of her face and blocking her view of Dolores.

Mirabel panics, pulling the bowl away from her face only to see that Dolores couldn't hold out any longer and is now telling Camilo the secret. He chokes on his food, his head changes from Mirabel to Bruno back to his own face with this blop-eyed look as he coughs.

"Ay dios mio," Nikolai mutters to himself as he slumps in his chair, folding his arms.

Not good... this is bad... Everyone looks at Camilo, especially the two Abuelas. Abuela Alma doesn't like this at all, sensing things are already taking a turn, she pours more wine for Abuela Guzman to distract her.

"Camilo, fix your face," Felix whispers to his son.

Camilo looks to Mirabel, who is starting to panic that Camilo now knows her secret too, but as she tries to "stare him into keeping quiet" a pitcher of water passes in front of her face once again.

"Water?" This time by Isabela.

As the water jug passes, Mirabel sees that Camilo is now whispering to Felix. Felix's eyes go wide and he chokes on some water, which flies onto Abuela Guzman's plate. Abuela Alma watches this, quietly panicking as she tries to maintain her composure.

"Mirabel," Abuela Alma calls.

Mirabel snaps her head to face Abuela, her eyes wide as she listens.

"The cream, please." Abuela smiles nervously.

Mirabel smiles at Abuela and turns to Agustín for the cream.

"Pa-pi, cream." Mirabel stammers to her father.

Agustín tries to hand her the cream, but his hand is shaking like crazy. Mirabel takes the cream and passes it to Abuela. Thunder then draws Mirabel's attention to... Pepa. Félix is whispering in her ear, and now a small swirling hurricane forms over the dining room table.

"Pepa? The cloud." Abuela Alma looks at her daughter, clearly embarrassed at what is happening.

Nikolai groans, putting his index and middle fingers to his temple, beginning to massage them as his head starts to spin. Tia Pepa's emotions were the most out of whack in the family, and dealing with her was the most exhausting for the teen boy.

"Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies..." Pepa tries her best to calm herself down to shrink the cloud.

Julieta leans over to Pepa, concerned about her sister. Pepa then whispers in Julieta's ear what Felix had told her about Mirabel and the vision. Julieta flushes and then looks to Mirabel, deeply worried. Mirabel tries to avoid her mother's gaze, looking at the floor to avoid eye contact. But as Mirabel looks down... she finds the floor begins to crack below herself and Isabela.