Chapter 4

People laughing and talking fill my ears in the dining hall as I eat my lunch. I wasn't very hungry today, so I just had a parfait and some more fruit on the side. 

We are all talking about a math test we just had, we all got almost all the same answers so we all should do well.

As we continue talking, the doors to the dining hall open, and the chatter stops. Everyone stares at the student walking in like he's golden. 

My face immediately tips into a huge smile as I see who it is.

It's Arthur Simmons, my best friend back in LA. I had no clue that he was coming here, but I couldn't be happier. 

As I'm about to go say hi, Liam walks over to him and gives him a hug. 

Do they know each other? How?

I then sit back down and remind myself to say hi later.

"Isabella, do you know Arthur Simmons?"

"Yeah! We used to be great friends back in LA!"

"That is so cool! He is literally so popular!"

"Haha, I could introduce you if you want."

"I mean.." Amelia smirks and laughs.

We all laugh and continue eating our lunch.

I can't help but notice that Arthur is now sitting with Liam's friend group, and Liam looks so happy to see him.

I won't bother him now.

----------------

As I'm walking back to my dorm, I spot Arthur by his locker. Now I can say hi!

"Arthur? Is that you?"

"ISABELLLAAAA?!" He screams, "I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!"

He pulls me in for a huge hug and I am squealing and laughing from happiness.

"I can't believe you left me all alone in LA! I was devastated."

"My dad practically forced me to come here, I had no other choice." I say with a frown.

"It's okay, I get to see you all the time now." He laughs.

He grabs his stuff from his locker as we walk down the hallway to catch up. 

I decide not to bring up Liam and ask how he knows him, until he asks me;

"You should sit with me and my friends at lunch!"

"Yeah, sure." Yeah, no.

See the thing is, Arthur doesn't know that I know Liam. Once he left, I never brought him up. I wave off my thoughts of home and continue enjoying our time together.

"Sadly, this is my next class, but do you want to come over tonight? We can do something fun!"

"Of course! See you later!"

He pulls me in for another hug and I wave goodbye.

As I glanced into the classroom, I had found Liam looking confused as to why Arthur was hugging me. 

Whatever.

----------------

Amelia and Vivian wanted to go to a club tonight, but I didn't want to so I just stayed back.

I'm making some Pasta with marinara sauce, as the doorbell rings. I stop for a second to go and open it.

"Arthur! Hi! I was just cooking some pasta if you'd like."

"Oh I would love some. Your cooking is my favourite."

I put some on the plate for him and myself. "Want anything to drink?"

"Just water please."

I grab two waters, and we sit at the island to eat.

"I think I missed your cooking more than you."

"I must say, I do cook well, but I am the teeniest bit offended."

"So, enough about your cooking, how has life been?"

***

After we finished eating and talking, Arthur had to go and finish some work, so I just finished taking a shower and doing my skincare.

As I change into some short shorts and a sweater, there is someone knocking at the door.

I swear if Arthur for- huh?

"Liam? What do you want?"

"Um, I don't really understand this part of the project, could you help me? All my friends went out so it was either you or no one."

"Okay, fine just come in."

"Thanks."

Liam starts to explain what he doesn't get and he keeps looking at me.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that? Do I have something on my face?"

He just laughs quietly.

Oh god. I just realized- I'm wearing shorts where my butt is almost hanging out. 

My face flushes red in embarrassment and I tell him I'm going to go change into some sweatpants.

As I walk to my room, even though my back is turned, I can tell his stare is on me.

I walk back to the kitchen once changing into some grey sweatpants. "Sorry, about that, what were you having trouble with again?"

Once I help Liam, he leaves as fast as the speed of light. Good thing he knows his place. 

Hopefully he finishes the project soon; I would like to get practising.

I close my laptop, put my stuff away and finally, I now get to go relax. 

A.N:

SO! This chapter kind of initiated the start of the rising action. (thankful for Arthur!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻)

Super excited for the next chapters because I have so many ideas and interesting things for them!!!!

I'm also sorry if you keep getting update notifications because I'm just editing small details to all chapters.

OKAY BUT LIKE I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR EVERYONE WHO ADDED THIS BOOK TO THEIR LISTS, VOTED AND JUST READ THE BOOK IN GENERAL!!! THANK U SO MUCH!! <3333

 AND!.... THIS BOOK IS #16th IN BOARDING SCHOOL. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!

Sooooo, I hope you guys enjoy the next chapters!

ALSO:

:"---------" means a change in the scene and time of the book. (i.e., later in the day, etc.)

:"***" means that they are still in the same setting, just a little bit of time has passed.

OKAY THANKS!!!! :)))))