Chapter 28

Thankfully, me and Seb's shopping trip went successfully, and he did not ask nor have any suspicions about me and Liam. I just hope the rest of the group doesn't think anything about it.

I was currently walking to my next class, where everyone would all be. Meaning everyone, including Liam. Wonderful. This class only happens one every two weeks due to a 10-day schedule, so this is the first time I've had a class with everyone in the past two weeks.

Walking into the classroom, I notice everyone already sitting near each other. I sit in a free desk next to everyone as they all say hi to me. Well, not all.

Before the class, we start to have some insignificant conversations to pass time before class starts. I'm not sure if everyone has noticed the divide between me and Liam lately, but I hope that even if they do, they don't mention it and leave it alone.

I honestly think Owen can read my mind. Because once that goes through my head he speaks up, asking something I was just hoping he wouldn't bring up.

"Why have you and Liam been so distant lately, Isabella? I thought you guys were friends now?..." He asks. Well fuck. How am I supposed to respond to this?

Seb, who hasn't been talking lately lets out a loud gasp. "Oh my God." He squeals. We look over to him, to see him with a huge smile on his face.

"It's all adding up now. Weird behavior, avoiding each other... Liam and Isabella definitely kissed." He says, while looking like a proud dad.

What the fuck? How does he know, or even come to that conclusion? I look over to Liam to see him already looking at me, with bright red cheeks. Great, that makes it so much more believable.

"What do you mean?" I say, while laughing trying to make the situation more believable. "Why would I ever kiss Liam? That wouldn't happen in a million years."

Seb just shakes his head, not believing my explanation. I look over to the rest, and they all look so shocked, processing the information just received.

Until finally, Amelia speaks up. "Care to explain?" She says, with a big goofy smile on her face saying, 'I told you so'.

Amelia was a big shipper for me and Liam, so I'm sure inside, she is dying with excitement.

Me on the other hand, is definitely not.

As if on perfect timing, the teacher for the class walks in, and everyone's head turns to him. Perfect. A distraction, which is what I needed to get out of the situation. Quietly, but swiftly, I grab my bag and make a run for the back exit when no one is paying attention.

Looking back into the classroom, the group finally returns their attention to the news before.

However, they come to a realization that I'm not there anymore, and have made a run for it. And it seems as Liam has made a run for it as well. Finally, something smart he does.

Without another look, I run out of the hall, and later, the school. I will eventually be confronted later on when I go back to the dorm, however, right now, I am not looking to explain what happened, nor have a bunch of squealing girls wanting to know more.

Plus, the more time I stall, the better explanation I can come up with.

I hear my name being screamed, as well as Seb yelling at me 'to get back here immediately'. They run after me for a bit, however they were too far away to even have a chance of catching up to me, so they eventually give up, and go back to class later.

They'll end up getting an explanation, unfortunately.

I end up running to a nearby coffee shop, to grab a bottle of water from my running, and to sit down and think of what to do next. I also need to straighten myself out, because I probably look like a hot mess right now.

I open the door, and then bell rings, signalling that a customer has entered the shop. Some heads turn, but specifically, I'm greeted by familiar green eyes, standing in line paying for something.

Why out of all times do I have to see him now?

After paying, he immediately walks over to me, with a bottle of water. Handing it to me, he signals for me to sit down.

I thank him for the water, he must clearly notice my fatigue. He was running away too, but somehow, he isn't out of breath at all, or sweaty. Must be nice.

His first words to me are, "We need to talk." He spoke very firm, as this wasn't something up for discussion, and needed to be done. "Uh, I'm actually kind of busy so I have to go, but thanks for the water! See you later!" I exclaim, while scrambling out of the shop.

My arm is quickly pulled back and I'm faced with Liam again. Great.

He laughs at my current nervous state, and probably how I look. "Isabella, we need to have this talk, stop avoiding it. The group has already found out, so it's time we face it." He explains softly.

I mean, I guess nothing will really happen if we talk about it. Oh well. I give in and sit down, as he follows me shortly after.

"I'll keep this pretty short, but I think at the time before it happened, there was so many emotions going on, causing me to not think straight. It just kind of happened, and I want to apologize on my part. It was clearly something that you didn't want." Wrong. I kind of did.

Part of me wants to tell him that I didn't mind kissing him. But I have no balls. Literally though, I don't.

"Yeah." I breathe out. "It was an accident."

He smiles at my agreement. "Friends again? And forget this whole thing even happened?" He proposes.

"Yeah." I smile.

I get up from my seat, saying bye before I head out. Pulling out my phone from my pocket, so I can check the time, I notice so many messages from Amelia and Seb about the current situation. I shut my phone off, ignoring the messages.

Leaving the coffee shop, I feel pretty relieved that we have it sorted out now, and we will continue being friends. However, I can't help but feel a little sad from him confirming that it was a mistake.

Well, what can you do? Anyway, I have other things to think about right now.

Like the explaining I will be doing to Amelia and Vivian when I reach home.

Wish me luck.

A.N: 

Hello everyone, happy Monday!!!

 That was an interesting chapter, what do you think will happen next? 

Thank you guys for the recent growth on this book, I'm so grateful  for everything ❤️

Love you all, see you Monday! <3