chapter five

miami, floridafriday, july 22nd8:12 p

miami, florida
friday, july 22nd
8:12 p.m.

                             ——eren's pov——

The Pit is disgusting.

But it was the only available place for our one night concert and we needed the publicity anyways. Rumor is, someone from some record labeling company is coming to our concert tonight so I'm trying to fuck things up tonight.

The Pit is located in one of the most sketchiest places in Miami, if I'm being honest. It's located right near tons of drug deals go on and there's needles scattered everywhere outside the building. The inside of it looks like a bar with hints of old in it at the same time. There's a waiting room in the front and once you get into the main area, there's a stage with a floor of space in the front for guests. The place is huge, so I guess that makes up for the needles. I could've sworn I saw a bag of weed on the way inside though.

I've never been into smoking or doing drugs, but the occasional drink is fine for me. I don't like to waste my money on shit like that. It'll fuck up my life. Plus, it brings back too many memories from my parents.

Sounds of yelling from the crowd out front echoes to backstage and I'm surprised. It sounds like a lot of people. More than what we are used to. From the opening from the backstage to the actual stage, flashing lights go off.

I'm sitting on an uncomfortable leather sofa with my hand rubbing my forehead tensely. I don't know why I'm getting nervous when I know things will be fine. A sigh escapes my lips and I grab the water bottle next to me and guzzle down as much as I can. There's a dryness in the back of my throat.

Armin is pushing his hair into the places he wants when I see his eyes meet mine through the mirror. "You all good?" he asks.

I set the bottle down and shake my head. "Just nervous." It's true. My skin tingles and goosebumps grow along my skin. For fucks sake! It's not even cold in here.

"We are going to be fineeee. You worry too much Eren." Armin gets up from the vanity and turns to face me. Armin had always been I guess the "mom" friend. I've known him since childhood and he's been my closest friend. Been here through everything. And I mean everything.

My parent's divorce, first girlfriend's, puberty, the whole thing. I like to think I have been there for him too.

"You say that but you're not singing in front of a crowd," I groan and run a hand through my long hair. Armin shakes his head and clicks his tongue.

"But you have a bunch of girls swooning over you. And they can't even see you!" Armin makes his voice high pitched for a moment and says, "Oh my god! I want his dick so badly and I can't even see him but I just know he's soooo hot!"

Worst girl impression.

I pick up a pillow and throw it at him. He ducks and starts laughing. Armin turns back to the vanity to finish his look. He's wearing grey jeans with a black sweatshirt.