chapter twenty-seven

miami, floridathursday, november 10th2:22 a

miami, florida
thursday, november 10th
2:22 a.m.

tw: mention of suicide

                             ——eren's pov——

My mom always said liars are the worst kinds of people out there.

They do anything to avoid the truth and to keep their secrets because of the consequences to come.

And I am starting to believe her on that.

Maybe I am a bad person. A liar. I know I am. The longer this goes on, the more it bites at my insides. Armin was right. One-hundred percent correct.

The longer you wait, the more damage it will cause.

Armin, get out my head.

I drag my hands along my face and groan. Fuck. Fuck! FUCK! It's as though, every day, we become closer. Is it just me? How does she feel? I know everything about her. Does she know anything about me?

She doesn't know about the abuse.

The band.

Why my schedule is so swamped majority of the time. All day everyday. I make excuses when I have practice and concerts. And guess what?

Our album comes out soon.

And that makes work ten times busier. I cannot believe I actually had to fucking bail on her when we were out on a date. Just because Connie was freaking about his fucking drum solo and wanted to run it by us again! I have shit to do with my girlfriend.

And oh god, the longer I don't tell her, the more trust I lose out of her. I'm conflicted. Do I tell her now? Or let things take its course. I'm so over everything. I need a break. A long. Long. Long break.

Speaking of break—

Y/n invited me to Thanksgiving with her parents.

And I said yes because Mom didn't care. Mom would be spending that time with her new boyfriend and his kids.

Then we'd spend Christmas separated. I check the calendar and see that we have at least two more weeks before we leave. I groan. I will tell her soon.

In fact, I am going to make a promise to myself to tell her before we leave. It seems like a good idea. She will be the first person to know that I'm actually the lead singer in my own band besides the guys.

I lay on my bed. Limbs sprawled out and the crickets chirping outside. Cars pass—even at this hour— along the street at fast speeds because nobody is on the roads. There's a slight breeze tonight and it howls along my window. Almost like it is talking to me.

I just got home. Not even an hour ago. We stayed at the studio for an extra two hours and that sucked the life out of me. But yet, I can't fall asleep because all I am thinking about is my girlfriend. My girlfriend that I feel like I am failing.