chapter thirty-six

miami, floridasaturday, february 10th8:30 p

miami, florida
saturday, february 10th
8:30 p.m.

                        THREE YEARS LATER

                            ——eren's pov——

I take a strand of her hair and move it past her to tuck it behind her ear.

"Do I look good?" she asks. She knows the answer, but I'll say just to please her. Everything looks good on her. But tonight she looks like she could make every girl jealous. Her looks kill.

A black sleeved dress is practically suffocating her. It ends mid-thigh and let's everybody see the curve of her body. Her heels make her my height so I'd say we both look intimidating. Her hair is pinned back with black clips that completely match her outfit.

I look down at myself and see how matchy our outfits are. Black ripped jeans, black tank top, black jacket and boring black shoes. It's simple but it does the job. My hair remains at the same length since I get it trimmed pretty frequently.

I roll my eyes at her and start walking into the building. My arm is wrapped around her waist and I have her close to my side. "You always look good, babe."

"Thanks for feeding my ego."

"Always and forever, am I right?" I smile and open the door. She nods, "Always and forever."

The backstage is filled with people running around. Armin is on the phone with his wife, Annie, because I hear him talking about their child. Well—I mean child to be. Annie is pregnant with a girl.

Jean is getting his makeup done while he talks to the makeup artist, which is happens to be his girlfriend. Connie on the other hand, remains single because he wants the "bachelor" life. When Jean found out that I was dating Y/n, it was kind of odd between us for a while but we're over that. It happened a long ass time ago.

Just a few years ago, we barely had anyone working for us. Now we have assistants, makeup artists, and a whole crew. As soon as we walked in, my assistant, Ymir, walks up to me with a clipboard in hand and a cup of coffee steaming in her hand.

She zeroes in on Y/n and sends her a toothy grin, "Hey Y/n, looking good tonight!" Y/n thanks her and compliments her back. Then, Ymir looks at me. "You need to get in makeup ASAP and I need you to sign a few papers for me. Some shit about copyright and what not."

She's talking a million miles a second and I can barely keep up with her. When I say "OK", she darts off in another direction calling out someone's name.

Y/n is the one that ended up dragging me to the makeup department. My artist, Pieck, starts going to work right away. I just close my eyes and listen to Y/n talk.

"I got my first client today. I wanted to tell you tonight as a surprise," she begins. "It's a little boy. His family thinks he has a personality disorder."