chapter eighteen

miami, floridafriday, august 19th7:35 p

miami, florida
friday, august 19th
7:35 p.m.

——eren's pov——

In all honesty, I have never been on a date before.

Sure, I've fucked around and hung out with other girls but I have never actually been on a date. The movies always say to bring roses and bring her to a fancy dinner that she'll never forget, but doesn't it seem a little too cliché?

I want to remember this and I want her to remember this. So, why not do what the movies do and do what I want to do?

I lean against my car checking the time on my phone. She would be coming out any moment. Nerve creeps its way up my arms. I don't know how she will react to this. She probably thinks that we're going to a Mcdonald's parking lot or something to eat. Not at all.

The smell of the donuts in my hand make my stomach growl. I haven't eaten since twelve and I'm really considering eating one of Y/n's donuts. Humid air attacks my legs and I swear I'm sweating already. Thank god I wore shorts. Though, I may take off the jacket I put on. I re-adjust my hat to my liking and push back any loose hair in my face.

The front door to the complex opens wide and Y/n steps out with this timid look on her face. She looks around for my car for a moment before spotting me. Our eyes meet and her resting face goes to a wide grin. One moment she's standing feet away from me, and now she's right in front of me.

I don't know what to do so I just wrap one arm around her and pull her in. Her perfume smells like candy while her hair smells like apples and cinnamon. I want her hold her here for eternity.

"What's this?" She gestures towards the box in my hand.

I open the Dunkin' Donuts box to show the variety of donuts I go. There's everything from chocolate frosted to apple fritters. Her eyes light open as she takes one in her hand and bites into it. Chocolate smears on her lip and she looks me in the eyes when she pokes her tongue out to get it. I gulp and shake my head.

I turn around to open the door for her. She gets in and takes the box of donuts and places them in her lap.

Then, I go around the other way and hop into the drivers seat. The car is already playing music when I get in and the seat is heated. DJ Snake's song, "Middle", comes out of the speaker.

Y/n turns up the music and rests her ahead against the seat. Occasionally, I'll see her eat another piece of her donut. I take one out and bite into it. Sweet and sugary.

"I like surprises, so don't tell me what we are doing," Y/n says through her donut.

"I didn't plan on it. I love surprising people."

I really do. And I had to scramble last minute to pull this date together because I had so many ideas of what we should do. I'm glad I chose this though.