chapter thirteen

miami, floridamonday, august 8th10:58 a

miami, florida
monday, august 8th
10:58 a.m.

                             ——eren's pov——

How long have you known him?

Are you texting him?

Am I in the back of your head right now? Always?

Have you guys hung out ever since then?

Those are some of the multiple questions I want to ask her. But it's none of my business. Not my concern. I shouldn't stick my nose in places it shouldn't be. But it's just itching at me.

She's sitting in class right now. Probably twirling her hair on her finger and bragging about how some guy threw his shirt to her and gave her a peck on the hand. Not wondering if I'm coming to class.

Thinking about him. Talking about him. What if they've been talking for a while, and he is dating her? But she would've told me when I asked her to get coffee. Wait.

They could've started dating right after that, though.

Jean doesn't talk about being in a relationship. He talks about quick fucks and hookups but not relationships. Jean keeps those private and personal. So if they haven't fucked, they must be together because he hasn't told us about her.

I feel like I should bring the red string and poster board out to get a good look at my thoughts. Maybe Im overreacting and they didn't know each other before that night. The possibilities are slim. Although, there is still a small part in me that is hopeful. Telling me I'm just overthinking this whole thing.

Jean and Y/n. Together.

And  I can't just flat out ask either one of them because that's not my place to say or do. I'd hate if someone did that to me.

"Eren, are you fucking this girl?"

Yeah, no.

I run a hand over my face in attempt to somewhat help myself get through this. Newsflash: it didn't work. Cold water spouts down the shower head and onto my flowing hair. I heard somewhere that cold showers lead to a decrease in stress.

Plus, the temperature is kind of distracting me from the fact that my best friend might be with the girl that I've had eyes on.

For a while it feels like ages.

I raise my head up to the showering water and let it spread all over my face. The water streams down face and spreads along my body. Goosebumps make their way up my upper body and I shut the water off.

I take the towel on my counter and dry my hair with it and the loose water along on skin. Then, I hang it song my waist and check my phone. It's blowing up from multiple people.

Messages from the group chat with the guys.

Messages from contractors and managers.

Messages from Mom.

Messages from venue owners asking if we can perform.

But no new messages from her.

But it's partially my fault too because I haven't texted her ever since the fourth.

Most of the notifications are from the group-chat, so that's what I open first. Messages fly in at me and my phone is spammed with emojis and short sentences. 100+ messages from them still flowing in.

I scroll and scroll and scroll until I get to the last message I read from them (which was a good morning). Since then, it's mostly been Jean and Connie talking. Armin probably has his phone on silent because he spent the night with Annie.

Connie is goofing on Jean for something that I could care less about. But, their conversation still makes me curious. I read through all of them. Boring boring boring.

Untillllll, I see that one message.

connie: jean i saw you w that girl on thursday

connie: let me guess, you took her home and fucked her then threw her aside??

jean: nooo but i did get her number though 😎

connie: are you going to take her out?

jean: probably. that douche floch was trying to get money out of her

connie: i fucking hate that guy bruh

jean: me too. she seems like a nice girl tho. super cute

jean: i'm gonna ask her out. doesn't hurt to as

connie: what if she has a boyfriend???

jean: then i guess i'll just have to back off

connie: change in heart since the last girl??

jean: yeah. i rlly don't wanna screw up on this one

connie: i'm rooting for you jean

jean: thanks cornelius🙏🏻

My hand shakes around the phone so much that it feels like I'm gripping onto it for life. I grit my teeth and hear the grinding in my jaw. He's going to ask her out.

I pace around and blow air out my mouth in slow, steady, breaths. Maybe if I just think this out and come up with something to calm myself down, then I can get over this. Fuck.

Maybe I just need a good fuck.

The idea is baffling to me, of course. But I haven't had sex in a while—probably months ago. And it can be careless for all I care. I need something to get the stress out. I already go to the gym, but I barely have time for myself. I deserve this. I deserve some sort of stress reliever.

Another text rolls in from Jean and blood rushes to my face in seconds. It actually feels like there is steam rolling off my body. I'm probably red as a tomato right now.

jean: just asked her out

jean: i see the three dots in the bubble

I hold on tight to the phone before another text comes in. I shake my head no and throw my phone against the wall behind my bed.

I am not reading that fucking message.

And I don't care if my phone broke. I have enough money to buy a new one right now. But, I am curious.

I walk over to my phone and turn it over. There's a long crack along the screen and it won't turn on. The back is coming undone and I can actually see inside of my phone. Wires and everything.

I run a hand through my hair and mutter the word "fuck" under my breath. Instant regret fills in my veins and I drop the phone back on the floor again. Just leaving it there. In all honesty, I don't care.

Shaking my head, I go back into the bathroom and get changed into a pair of sweatpants. Maybe a break from my phone is a good thing. It would at least relieve my stress for the day—or the next few days.

A break sounds nice.

A break from everything is what I need.

——————

quick chapter but i'll make up for it EXTREMELY SOON 😈😈

-reece