two. shape shifter

chapter twoshape shifter⎯⎯⎯⎯

chapter two
shape shifter
⎯⎯⎯⎯

It was in the middle of the night, Emmey and Derek had been talking and catching up while sitting in his 'house' if you could even call it that. She wished he would buy an apartment or something but she knew he wouldn't. She was about to head to her apartment when they heard someone running down the stairs of the train station with a fast heart beating but they recognized Isaac scent, Derek's first Beta. "Derek! Emmey!" they heard him yell as he ran towards them. The Mikaelson and the Hale got up and turned around as he entered a train cart. "What's wrong?" Derek asked. Emmey quickly saw Isaacs scared, terrified face, she knew something bad had happened.

"My-my dad. I think he's dead" Isaac stuttered out, making the adults looking at him worried. "What did you do Isaac?" Emmey asked while walking towards the young wolf, slowly so as to not scare him. Isaac shakes his head. "That's the thing, it wasn't me" he replied, causing the wolf and the heretic to share a worried look.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

Emmey had advised Isaac to go to school and act normal and get through the day, despite Derek saying he shouldn't and he should lay low but Emmey quickly intervened and threatened to snap Derek's neck, so he let it go and let Isaac go to school. Despite being an alpha werewolf, she did scare him, after all she was an original. It wasn't a surprise when the sheriff had come to school and taken the Isaac to the station for questioning, it was his dads murder, that's why the heretic and the werewolf were sitting in Emmey's Red Chevy Impala outside of the high school. Emmey had refused to leave her car outside Derek's 'house' so they drove her car instead, he had agreed, not wanting to get in a fight with her. They were watching as a police car drove away with Isaac in it.

Since it was a full moon, they needed to get him out before the time came. Emmey was watching from the driver's seat as Scott Mccall watched Isaac get taken away in a deputy sheriff car as well Scott went to turn around and go back inside the school when he saw a Red Chevy Impala in front of him and walked down a couple steps so he didn't have to yell. Derek leans outside the window to look at Scott. "Get in." He said. but Scott was too angry to even listen to Derek. "Are you serious? You did that. That's your fault" Scott said and Derek sighed. 

"I know. Now get in and help me." Derek demanded. "I've got a better idea. I'm going to call a lawyer, because a lawyer might actually have a chance of getting him out of there before the moon goes up." Scott said and Emmey shook her head softly, feeling sorry for the kid, he was thrown into this world but was handling it the best he could. "I don't think a lawyer will be able to help darling, because once they do a real search of the house, no lawyer will be able to help Isaac." Emmey said softly as she got out of the car and lent on the top of it, making Scott look at her and furrow his brows. He recognized her from the woods the other night but still didn't know who she was.

He assumed she was just another wolf but he got a scent of death from her so he was confused. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Whatever Jackson said to the cops? What's in the house is worse. A lot worse." Derek said and Scott hesitated before walking over and getting to the car. Emmey got back into the car and as soon as Scott got in she took off.