six. frenemy

chapter sixfrenemy⎯⎯⎯⎯

chapter six
frenemy
⎯⎯⎯⎯

Emmey had taken Derek's pack back to her apartment leaving Derek, Scott and Stiles to follow the Kanima. "Here," Emmey said as she gave Erica a cup of tea and handed Isaac an ice pack for his head, where she had hit his head against the wall. "Why'd you help them?" Isaac asked as he looked up at her, as she walked into the kitchen and took a blood bag out before pouring it into a glass. "Because, even if she was the Kanima, you don't wanna be responsible for someone's death," she said as she walked over and sat on the edge of the couch. "I'm over a thousand years old, death is nothing to me now, but you guys are sixteen, I never want you guys to have to go through the guilt taking someone's life will bring, even if they aren't innocent." she said, before walking away leaving the three teens in her living room, she needed a break, she just hoped Bella was okay in Mystic Falls.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

Stiles had called Emmey, not wanting to be alone with Jackson any longer, that's why she's currently standing outside a transport van with Stiles while he texts Jackson's parents again before turning to her. "Soooo, how old are you and how'd you like...become a...vampire?" he said, it sounded like a question making her sigh. "Over a thousand years old, i was born in 980, i had eight siblings, one died before i was born and another was killed by a werewolf when we were still human, after that i guess my mother didn't want us to die, so she sought out magic, dark magic to give us immortal life, she had put blood in our wine at dinner and that night out father used to sword to stab us and he wasn't gentle about it either," Emmey said, making Stiles's eye's widen but he didn't get a chance to reply as he turned around, hearing something It was Allison. "Oh, my God," Stiles yelled, alarmed , making Emmey roll her eyes.

"They know." She said, making Stiles' eyes wide slightly. "What?" He asked. "They know Jackson's missing." she repeated making Emmey sigh as Stiles shook his head, "No, they can't. I've been texting his parents since last night. They don't have a clue." Stiles said. "My grandfather told me his parents went to the police. They know." Allison said and Stiles held up the phone like it was a bomb before he handed it to Emmey before turning and reaching over to press a button on the police scanner inside the van.

"All available units proceed to Beacon Hills Preserve as instructed. Proceed with caution until Sheriff Stilinski's arrival. Proceed with caution." It said, making Stiles look over at Emmey and Allison before Stiles and Allison get into the Van while Emmey pulls stands at the window, car ready to go, just needing to know where they're going. "Where are we going?" Allison asked from the passenger seat while Stiles types something on Jackson's phone. "Somewhere far away from this." He said before tossing the phone out the window as Emmey got back in her car, following Stiles and Allison.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

They were now at Lookout Point and Scott has joined them. "If Jackson doesn't remember being the Kanima, he definitely isn't gonna remember stealing Danny's tablet." Scott said. "Why would he steal the thing if he doesn't even know what's on it?" Stiles asked. "What if someone else took it?" Emmey suggested. "Then somebody else knows what he is." Stiles said. "Which could mean someone's protecting him." He said as he looked at Stiles, eye's wide.

"Yeah, like the Bestiary says 'The Kanima seeks a friend'" right?" Allison asked. "Okay, hold on-so, somebody watches Jackson make a video of himself turning into the Kanima, and then just erases part of it so he wouldn't know? I mean, who would do that?" Stiles said. "Somebody who wanted to protect him?" Allison asked. "There's something else. You said the only thing you found online about the Kanima is that it goes after murderers. What if that's actually true?" Scott said and Stiles looked at him. "No, it can't be. It tried to kill all of us, remember? I don't know about you three, but I haven't murdered anybody lately." Stiles said. "I've killed about a million people," Emmey muttered, ignoring the look the teens sent her.

"But, I...I don't think that it was actually trying to kill us." Scott says, referring to Scott and Stiles, he can't speak for Emmey. "Remember when we were at Isaac's the first time, it just went right by us, didn't it?" Scott asked as Allison nodded her head in agreement. "You're right...it just ran off." She said and then Scott looked over at Stiles. "And it didn't kill you in the mechanic's garage." Scott said looking at Stiles who shrugged slightly, "Well, yeah, but it tried to kill me, Emmey and Derek in the pool." Stiles said and Scott raised his eyebrows. "Did it?"

"It would've. It was waiting for us to come out." Stiles said. "What if it was trying to keep you in?" Scott suggested. "Why do I feel so violated all of a sudden?" He asked disgustedly. "Because there's something else going on. We don't know what it is. We don't know anything about what's going on with Jackson, or why someone's protecting him..." Scott trailed off.

"Know thy enemy." Allison said out loud, making the boys confused. Emmey, she had heard it a few centuries ago. "Just something my grandfather said." She said while shaking her head. "All right, I got it. Kill Jackson! Problem solved." Stiles said but Scott shook his head. "He risked his life for us, against Peter. You remember that?" Scott said in Jackson's defense. "Yes, but what did we just find out? He got the bite from Derek. It's funny how he just got exactly what he wanted by supposedly risking his life for us. It's funny." Stiles said with a smile as he waved his arms around while talking, making Emmey snicker.

"Yeah. It doesn't mean he's not still worth saving." Scott said. "It's always something with him." Stiles said and Scott shook his head. "He doesn't know what he's doing." Scott said. "So what?" Stiles asked, with a scoff. "So, I didn't either. You remember when I almost killed you and Jackson? I had someone to stop me. He has nobody." Scott said."That's his own fault." Stiles replied with a shrug. "Doesn't matter. If we can save him, we should try." he said and Emmey nodded.

"Scott's right, Jackson's gonna need someone to help guide him. Me and my siblings had no one, and we lost control, which caused chaos, we drank our way through cities and towns. That kid is alone, he needs someone and he can be saved," Emmey said, making the teens look at her as she had a look on her face as she remembered all the people she had killed before walking off, she needed to be alone.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

After Emmey had left, knowing the teens could handle watching over the van overnight, Emmey went back to her apartment and checked on Isaac. "Thanks," he said as Emmey handed him a plate of food. "No worries." she said, just before a knock was heard from her apartment door making Emmey and Isaac share a look before she walked towards it, Isaac following as Emmey opened the door, revealing Arabella Mikaelson, blonde hair pulled back into a bun. "Hi mum," she said timidly as Emmey stared at her in shock as did Isaac, for different reasons. 

AUTHORS NOTE
new chapter !! also sorry it's short but Emmey wasn't needed much in this episode but Arabella is officially here!!