nine. party guessed

chapter nineparty guessed⎯⎯⎯⎯

chapter nine
party guessed
⎯⎯⎯⎯

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is going to be too hurt to heal." Derek said as he, Scott and Emmey walked through the railroad deport that he was staying in. Scott sighed. "Ugh, I get it, we can't save Jackson." Scott said, sounding defeated as Derek sat down while Emmey leaned against a pole across from him.

"We can't kill him kid, I've been alive a lot longer than anyone in this town and I've only seen something like that once and it's gonna get stronger especially with the new moon coming." Emmey said grimly, making Derek nod in agreement. "But how do we stop him?" Scott asked them. "I don't know. I don't even know if we can." Derek said defeatedly

"Maybe we should just let the Argents handle it." Scott suggested but Derek shook his head. "I'm the one who turned him. It's my fault." Derek cut him off slightly. "You couldn't have know this was going to happen der." Emmey said softly, making him look at her. "She's right, I mean, this happened because of something in his past, right?" Scott asked. "That's a legend in a book, It's not that simple." Derek said as with a scoff. "What do you mean? What aren't you telling me?" Scott asked, making Emmey sigh. "Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?" Derek asked with furrowed brows.

"Because you always are keeping something from me!" Scott said, like it was obvious. "Well, maybe I do it to protect you." Derek said, making Scott look down for a second before looking back up at Derek. "Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?" he asked making Emmey looked towards Derek who looked drained before taking a step froward.

"Go home, Scott." she advised, making him turn to her, "Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe because the full moon's coming, and with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one." Emmey said, patting Scott's shoulder before grabbing Derek's hand and walking out of the run down train.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

The next day Arabella and Emmey were with Derek and his pack at the railroad deport and they watched as Derek opened a chest filled with chains, the triskele marked onto the inside lid of it. Isaac leaned down and touched it. "What is that?" he asked. "It's a triskele." Boyd answered, making everyone turn to him. Arabella raised her brow. "The spirals mean different things. Past, present future; mother, father, child." Boyd said, making Emmey nod, he was right.

"Do you know what it means to me?" Derek asked. "Alpha, Beta, Omega?" Boyd asked. "That's right." Derek said as he nodded. "It's a spiral, it reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become Alphas, but Alphas can also fall to Betas, or even Omegas." Derek said as he stood up. 

"Like Scott?" Isaac asked. "Scott's with us." Emmey said, stepping up beside Derek.  "Really?" he asked, looking around before looking back at Derek. "Then where is he now?" Isaac questioned.  "He's looking for Jackson." Derek said, defending Scott.