seven. restraint

chapter sevenrestraint⎯⎯⎯⎯

chapter seven
restraint
⎯⎯⎯⎯

Emmey, Isaac and Arabella were with Erica and Derek at the old railway depot. "So, why do we need their help?" Isaac asked Derek as he, Erica, Emmey and Arabella followed him though an old train cart. "Because it's harder to kill than I thought, and I still don't know who it is." Derek said impatiently. "And they do?" Isaac asked again. "They might-which is why I need one of you to get on their good side." Derek said to Erica and Isaac as Emmey and Arabella watched. "Mmm. Scott or Stiles?" Erica said flirtatiously, making Arabella cringe. "Either." Derek said with a sigh.

"You know, the full moon's coming, Derek." Emmey said, hoping he had a plan for the new wolves on the full moon. "I'm aware of that." Derek said irritably as he pulled out chains from a chest. "Oh my. These look comfortable." Erica said sarcastically as she held up some chains. "You said you were gonna teach us to change whenever we wanted." Isaac said, annoyed. "There hasn't been time." Derek said as he continued to pull chains out of the chest. "But if you have to lock us up during the full moon, that means...that means you're and Emmey are alone against the Argents." Isaac said, making Arabella narrow her eyes at him. "No there not," she snapped, making Isaac look at her before looking back at Derek.

"They haven't found us." Derek said, not worried at all, making Emmey sigh as she shared a look with her daughter. "Yet." Isaac shot back. "So, how about we forget about the Kanima?" Isaac asked as Derek walked away. "We. Can't!" Derek yelled back at him frustratedly as he turned to look at Isaac. "There was something about the way Gerard looked at it...He wasn't afraid, at all. I don't know what he knows, or what he's planning. But, I'm sure about one thing-we have to find it, first." Derek said before he sighed.

"Can we talk about the kid?" Erica asked as she looked towards Arabella making said girl narrow her eyes at the beta. "She's my daughter, adopted, but my daughter so watch your tone," Emmey snapped, making Derek raise his eyebrows, not knowing she had a daughter, but didn't say anything, he didn't wanna get Emmey angry. "She's also a witch, like me, but she's also a seer," Emmey informed them before looking at Arabella. "Who's already enrolled in school, to keep an extra close eye on Scott and his friends," she said, making Arabella groan.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

Arabella was eavesdropping on Allison, Stiles and Scott."Allison, if you get hurt while I'm busy with some stupid test, someone's going to need to take care of me. If he does anything-" Scott said urgently. "Like...?" Allison trailed off as Scott shrugged. "Anything weird, or bizarre-anything." Scott said as Stiles put his head in the bookshelf, getting between the two. "Anything evil!" Stiles said, interjecting before Allison pushed his head back just as Arabella walked up to them. "I can help," she said, making the three jump startled as Stiles narrowed his eyes at her. "You're a child," he said.

"Technicalities." she said dismissively. "I can help, more than you can," she said, making Scott and Allison's eye widen as Stiles gaped in shock. "My mother sent me to help," she said, making Scott turn to her confused. "Mother?" he asked as she nodded. "Emmey." she answered, making the friends share a look. "Adopted, obviously, since she can't have kids, but legally I am hers." Arabella explained. "Okay, you can go with Stiles, help get an answer out of Lydia," Scott said and before Stiles could complain, Arabella began dragging him out of the library, making Allison and Scott laugh.