eight. raving

chapter eightraving⎯⎯⎯⎯

chapter eight
raving
⎯⎯⎯⎯

Since Emmey and Derek had agreed to let Scott handle this his way but with their help, they decided to meet at the clinic where Mr. Deaton was. As Scott opened the Clinic door, he narrowed his eyes on Isaac. "What's he doing here?" Scott asked suspiciously as he looked at Isaac to Derek. "I need him." Derek said with a shrug, referring to Isaac. "I don't trust him." Scott retorts, making Isaac scoff as he, Arabella, Emmey and Derek walk in the Clinic. "Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you, either." Isaac said. "You know what? And Derek doesn't really care." Derek said sarcastically as Emmey rolled her eyes.

"Why don't we just get a move on already? we can't waste time." she snapped, making Derek sigh before he nodded. "Now, where's the vet? Is he gonna help us, or not?" Derek asked. "That depends..." Deaton said, making everyone look up to see him leaning against a wall. "Your friend, Jackson...Are we planning to kill him, or save him?" he asked. "Kill him." "Save him." Derek and Scott said simultaneously. Scott turned to Derek. "Save him." he said impatiently, causing Arabella to roll her eyes while Scott turned back to Deaton. "Save him," he said.

"It's good to see you Emmey and Arabella," Dr. Deaton said as Emmey smiled over at him. "You too Alan," she said as the younger teen waved at him before they all walked back into the examination room as Alan pulled out a tray with some jars that had different celtic symbols on them. Isaac went to grab one but Emmey slapped his hand away making him look at her. "Be careful what you touch, kid." she advised as he nodded as Arabella let out a snicker, making Isaac send her a look.

"So, what are you, some kind of witch?" Isaac asked as he leaned onto the table with his elbows. "No. I'm a veterinarian, Emmey and Arabella are witches." Alan said dryly, making Isaac nod. "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin." Deaton said as he looked at Derek. "We're open to suggestions." Derek said, causing Emmey to roll her eyes. "What about an effective offense?" Isaac said, cutting off Derek slightly as she looked at the jars. "We already tried," Emmey said, causing Isaac to look at her. "Derek nearly took its head off, and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up." she added.

"Has it shown any weaknesses?" Deaton asked with furrowed brows. "Well, one, it can't swim." Derek answered with a straight face. "Does that go for Jackson as well?" Deaton asked. "No." Scott answered, causing Deaton to turn to him. "He's the captain of the swim team," he said. "Essentially, you're trying to catch two people," Deaton paused, going to grab something from the cabinet behind him. "A puppet, and a puppeteer." Deaton said, showing them an old pendent. "One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?" Deaton asked, looking at the five of them.

"I don't think Jackson could do it. His mother died pregnant, too, and she was maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else." Arabella answered as she looked from Deaton to Scott then back to Deaton. "How do you know it's not part of the rules?" Isaac asked, making everyone look at him. "The Kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies, too." Isaac pointed out the fact.