Morning

The next thing Larry knew, he was waking up on the couch, still snuggling Steve. And he was smiling when he looked over to see a cheerful, tired face staring back at him.

"Mornin' sleeping beauty." Steve chuckled.

"Mmm, morning Steve."

The older man yawned before he looked over at the tv, which displayed the Happy Gilmore menu on the screen.

He chuckled, "We left the tv on."

"I don't even remember falling asleep."

"Me neither."

Steve sat up and began to take their snack trash off the table. He told Larry he didn't want to leave a mess.

Larry sat up too and rubbed his tired eyes. The memories of last night came flooding back almost immediately. He remembered the way Steve leaned in to kiss him; the way he was on top of Steve telling him how amazing he was.

He could feel the heat rising in his face as he strongly recalled running his fingers through the other's hair. And the flowery smells that erupted from it.

"Larry? Earth to Larry, are you okay?" Steve calmly asked as he waved his hand in his direction.

The younger man was snapped out of his thoughts, unaware he was just staring into space. He turned to Steve, who had an amused look on his face.

"Still waking up, goofball?"

Larry shook his head, "I was just...thinking about last night."

Steve frowned, "Oh yeah?"

"Oh! No no no. Don't take it the wrong way! I really enjoyed what happened last night—what you did last night. It was...the first time I've felt real joy in a while."

Steve smiled again, "Well I'm glad I was able to make you feel joy, then. I felt pretty happy about it myself."

The rock giggled shyly, "So, where do we go from here?"

Steve took Larry's hands into his own, which surprised Larry, "I...I'm willing to give this a try if you are."

The other's face grew redder, "I-I'm willing, too. Let's give this a shot, Steve."

Strong arms pulled him in for a hug, and he happily accepted it.

————————-

Eventually, the two left the living room and began making breakfast in the kitchen together. Well, if microwaving TV dinner meals counted as making breakfast that is.

They sat at the table, occasionally smiling at each other as they ate; Steve's cloud particles fluttered around with each glance of Larry's he caught.

And every time Larry caught Steve's glance, he could see a sparkle in his yellow eyes. His glowing yellow eyes.

"What are you looking at, handsome?" He asked.

"Your eyes," Larry smiled, "They're pretty."

Steve could feel the heat spreading to his cheeks, his small smile spreading uncontrollably to a much larger grin. Larry took in the sight of the bright red contrasting against the pale white of Steve's cloud skin, knowing that it was him that made him flustered.

"N-Never heard someone compliment my eyes before."

And after Larry's admission that he was staring at him, Steve's eyes seemed to glow even more. Larry could get lost in them if he allowed himself to.

"Let me take you out tonight." He told Steve, "We'll go out and eat at a nice restaurant for once."

Steve looked really happy, "I'd like that, Larry."