The Beginning Of A Friendship

"Thanks for the assist, Steve. I appreciate it." Larry said, bending over to pick up his hat. The cloud man smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "Don't mention it, Larry. I'm just glad I was here."

Larry put his hat back on and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Well, this place is closed for the night. Do you want to go home or....?"

"If it's alright with you, I'd like to get to know you better. You seem interesting."

Larry laughed and reached for his jacket. "Well okay, then. Do you want to go somewhere? Maybe the mall or something?"

Steve thought for a second while he zipped up his own jacket. "How about your place? My house is being renovated so we can't go there." He said, bending down to fix the strap on his sandal. Larry looked up at him like a gun went off. "Wait, your house is being renovated? Where are you staying now?"

"My van." Was Steve's response.

Larry shook his head and crossed his arms. "That sounds terrible, Steve. Why don't you come stay at my house for a while? It's a lot better than sleeping in a van."

"Are you sure? I don't want to disturb you or anything."

"Nonsense, it's the least I can do."

Steve smiled and clapped his hands together. "You really mean it? Thank God. I'm tired of that van."

Larry chuckled. This guy doesn't seem too bad.