Getting To Know Each Other

(Bruh, I look like Rize Kamishiro now! 😂)

(Btw, this chapter should be better than the others!)

When Larry opens his eyes the world seems upside down for a second. There's dust in the air, whirling down and stinging his eyes. There's silence. Except that this silence goes with a very high-pitched noise that hurts his ears. His stomach is growling.

What happened?

Why is he on the couch?

How did he get here?

"Oh, good morning Larry."

The silence is broken and Larry remembers the night before as he looks down and sees the purple jacket that the cloud gave him. It really did look good on him- Steve had a great fashion sense.

"Hey Steve...when did you get up?" the rock asked as he sat up, which caused him to wince in pain and breathe out a curse. Sleeping on the couch was not a good idea.

"Woah, easy there Needlemeyer. You're not in a rush, so slow down champ." Steve chuckled. "I haven't been up long, just been explorin' a bit."

The hippy was smiling and his yellow-orange eyes sparkled in the little sunlight that poured through the blinded window. It almost fascinated Larry to see him so so happy. The cloud didn't have a home to go back to, yet he was as happy as a child on Christmas morning.

"I didn't go through anything, don't worry, but I did notice a lot of rainbow things in your room. Is that your favorite color?"

"Yeah...you could say that." Larry awkwardly chuckled as he stood from the couch, the nervousness in his voice was obvious. Steve gave him a questioning look, but only for a second, and Larry could've sworn that the cloud had tried to reach his arm out to him before they made their way to the kitchen. Steve was worried.

"D-Do you want me to cook us some breakfast?" The rock asked as he turned to the older male, trying to quickly change the subject. It seemed to work, because Steve gave a small smile in response.

"Yeah sure, as long as its not made from an animal."

"Oh, you don't have to worry. I quit eating stuff like that a few months ago. Wanted to lose weight, you know?"

Steve chuckled and looked at the rock's petite body. He looked thin enough to the point where he could be snapped in half by anything. "Lose weight? Larry, you're already as thin as a twig. If you lost anymore weight, you'd be like a piece of paper."

Larry laughed at that (Because, you know, he IS paper. Well, a paper rock.) and opened up his cabinets to grab a few things. While doing so, his jacket slides up and reveals a black, bleeding bruise on his hip. He must've landed on something at the convenient store when Rob pushed him.

"Oh hey--you're bleeding!" Steve pointed, which got Larry's attention. The rock looked down and saw that he was right, but before he could tell Steve not to worry about it, the cloud was running to the other room to grab the first aid kit.

Larry liked that about Steve. He was very kind to him, even though they didn't know each other that well. Maybe that's why he was hired at the school; he had a way with words and seemed to give off a calming vibe, he's perfect for the job.

Steve came back a few moments later with the first aid kit in hand and a confused expression on his face, which made Larry feel uneasy for some reason.

"How is that still bleeding, anyway? That happened like, twelve hours ago."

Larry just shrugged and looked at the bruise again. It didn't even look that bad, Steve was worried over literally nothing. But of course, he had to be the Good Samaritan and help Larry with it.

With a soft, puffy hand, Steve motioned for the rock to move more towards the light so he could see better. When he complied, Steve immediately warned the younger male about the peroxide he was about to use on his gray, bleeding skin before he went ahead and dabbed the area with a damp rag.

Larry didn't even flinch as he watched the wound around the bruise turn white and bubble. Little shit was as tough as nails.

"Wow. I honestly thought you were gonna squirm. Most people do when they use this stuff." Steve seemed somewhat impressed by the rock's behavior.

"I used to work at Joyful Burger. You don't know pain until you feel hot oil on your skin." Larry informed the older man as he gently ran the rag across his bleeding bruise.

"I've been slammed against the side of my van before."

"Pfft what!? How did that happen?" Larry was baffled.

"I don't know, actually. I was with Gumball and Darwin at one point of that day and...we did something—I think we went to pick up Molly? I don't know, something along those lines."

"You don't remember what happened that day, but you can remember that you got slammed into your van?"

"Correct."

"You really are a weird guy, Steve. I'm telling ya." Larry chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There's no way you saved the world from one guy having a job!" Steve cackled as Larry told him a story. It was the story of when Richard Watterson got a job delivering pizzas.

"No—seriously! The fucking world was crumbling beneath us!"

Steve laughed harder. "There is no way that happened!"

Larry placed his empty bowl on the coffee table and playfully shoved the man next to him, mumbling a 'fuck you' under his breath. Steve was losing it at this point and Larry was regretting his decision to tell the story.

"We live in Elmore, nothing normal happens here Steve!"

"Well, I believe you about some things. Like the fact you almost proposed to Karen several times. Or when you got robbed by a fingerprint. But the world ending from a guy getting a job? I don't believe that."

"Heh, whatever. Arguing about this is stupid."

It was three thirty in the afternoon and the two men in the Needlemeyer household were casually getting to know each other while finishing up their lunch. Steve was actually a really chill dude. Never a dull moment with him.

Yeah...maybe Larry could wear a smile again.