Rob's Visit

A knock at the door interrupted whatever thoughts Larry was having, and snapped him back to reality. He walked over eagerly and opened it, expecting Steve to be back.

But it wasn't Steve.

Instead, Larry's smile fell at the sight of Rob, who shamefully stood on the rock's porch with a glossy, tear filled eye.

Larry looked scared, but Rob looked embarrassed.

"H-Hey...um, your name is Larry, right?" He asked, taking a small step back.

"U-Uh, yeah...and you're Rob, correct?"

Rob tensed at the mention of his own name, and nervously started playing with his thumbs.

"Y-Yeah...um, listen Larry, about what happened... I-I don't know what got into me. I was a huge dick to you and....and I really shouldn't have lashed out at you like that...I'm sorry."

Larry stood there in shock for a moment, wondering if Rob was being serious, then he was suddenly wrapped into a hug by the younger man's glitchy arms.

Tiny sobs were heard as Rob buried his head into the rock's shoulder, and Larry smiled before he wrapped his arms around him too.

Rob pulled back timidly and scratched the back of his neck, "H-Heh, apologies....I'm not used to being....friendly towards others. I didn't know if that was appropriate or not...."

"Oh no—you're fine! I just wasn't expecting any of this."

Rob crossed his arms.

"I didn't expect you to actually forgive me. It would've been better if you just hit me."

Larry was a little taken back by that statement.

"Why would I hit you? You're just a kid. We all do dumb things when we're kids."

"NO." Rob's voice glitched out, "I'm not just a kid, Larry!"

More tears slid down his face and Larry stood there dumbfounded by the sudden change in the younger's demeanor.

"I'm one of the world's mistakes..." Rob's voice was almost inaudible, but the cloud behind him was able to hear it.

"You're not a mistake, Rob. You just make them. We all do."

Larry perked up at the sound of Steve's voice.

"You're back...how long have you been...?"

"I saw the whole thing. I just...didn't want to interrupt."

Rob wiped the tears from his eye and quickly bolted off the porch and off the rock's property.

"Wait Rob, come back!" Larry called after him, but a hand on his shoulder stopped him from chasing the kid.

"Let him go, Larry. I have a feeling that this kid needs some space."

———————————————————-
Sorry this took so long. I still have a few days until I graduate high school. I'm glad you guys are so patient with me. 🙏🏻❤️