Chapter 6

~~~

Korics' death shocked all of us. It left us falling into a blur and it pained us, it was one of the most toughest and darkest moment in our lives. All of us couldn't bear the thought of it, even the mere realization that he's gone couldn't contain our emotions. It was the most painful thing that has ever happened in our friend group, specially to Rox.

Seeing Rox like that was the hardest thing to watch, she suffered with accepting his loss and she was left confused because of what happened. It was very painful for us to see her like that, bottling her emotions until she felt like exploding.

In his burial, we can't even watch what was happening. For the days that has passed was still the most tragic happenings and we couldn't bring ourselves to believe that this was the reality. That after coming home from Siargao, we will be welcomed like this.

As months went on, nothing was ever the same. A lot of things have changed as life grew with time, it was heavy and tough... going through acceptance and change was the hardest. Everyone has changed, from priorities to the most simplest things, all of them changed. Nothing stayed the same.

With that, we graduated. Finally, off to college. It was a breather seeing yourself reaching another milestone, but at the same time, you couldn't stop yourself from wondering about the greater pains ahead.

It's the summer vacation, we all went our separate ways to take a break from all of this that's happening, knowing that we are all in the process of accepting and moving forward. Theia went to Japan with her family, Venylie spent her summer alone to wherever she is.

Ameelya didn't travel out of town or out of the country, she's just here and would occasionally spend time with Gaeb since they're getting to know each other more. Rox, went back to Siargao to fix herself, that's what she told me and I am here, usually at home, making time for my hobbies.

If you're ever wondering about me and Nycho, well... We're good. Sometimes, if he's not so busy with the hotel, we talk to each other through video chat or simply messaging each other on IG. Our communication never reached its end, because he really finds a way for us to talk and stay connected to each other.

I'm in my room, in front of my desk, writing down my plans for tomorrow on my daily planner until my phone buzzed, indicating that someone messaged me. When I checked to see if it's the parcel I was waiting for, my brows furrowed when it wasn't what I expected.

From: VNJ

how's your summer vaca/break?

To: VNJ

Hi, I'm good. It's not boring... but there's nothing exciting about it either.

From: VNJ

Pick me up. I'm at the airport.

To: VNJ

What?!

From: VNJ

I'm serious! I'm at the airport, Gaeb won't pick me up... so pick me up instead. 

I sighed and took my car keys, my parents finally agreed to let me drive now that I'm slowly becoming more responsible and basically... old. I wore my hoodie and went out, I was about to go in my car when Cyean walked towards me.

I didn't notice that he's in the garden so I thought no one was there. I smiled at him awkwardly before getting in my car, I was about to drive off when he stopped me to ask. He raised his brow.

"Where are you going?" He asked with a strict tone. I laughed before shrugging it off and telling him to back away or else he's going to get ran over. "Gaia, where are you going?"