Chapter 19

~~~

There he was with his promises again, none of them matters to me anymore and with that, as I turned my back and slowly walked away from him... the rain started to trail down on my body along with the tears from my eyes. I could feel my heart sinking, the feeling was inevitably heavy and if I had a choice, I wouldn't want to go through this.

When I reached the spot where I parked my car, finding the strength to open the door felt too impossible. Yet, it makes me wonder too... Do I have to rights to feel this? Do I have the rights to feel hatred towards them when in the beginning... we were just friends and we were just happy. My heart kept sinking, as I got in my car, all I could do was sigh. My broken heart and I drove back home, wishing to drown the pain.

He promised to fix everything, he promised to make things right, he promised to stop his mother, he promised to prevent his engagement. Should I believe his promises? Should I still believe in the things that scarred me? The doubts in my head are overflowing, I don't know how to start or what to tell my mom.

Funny how the only person I have ever loved deeply and I have ever showered all of my attention on is the person that would break my heart, and he would break my heart through his promises. Promises that could never be truths, specially now that he's getting married.

Maybe he's not for me at all, maybe we're not for each other, maybe he's the wrong person or maybe I'm not the right person for him. I don't know, I'm left clouded with thoughts and disheveled by the questions that could fill a library. The rain started pouring harder and my thoughts are filled with uncertainty. Scared to face the things that are waiting for me, for the curveballs that will come.

I stood up for him even if my own family disapproved of him, I stood up for what I felt, I stood up for something unsure between me and Nycho... and I believed it was love. Was it really love? Or was it just a temporary phase, thinking that it's enough to be considered as loving. I was kidding when I thought love was all about happiness, I forgot about the problems.

When I got home, I was already soaking wet. I knocked on the door more than twice before it even opened, Cyean was startled when he saw me there, standing with my eyes puffy and sore. He immediately pulled me so I could step inside, I kept my head down, it was starting to hurt as well.

"What happened to you?!" He shouted, I could feel how worried he is. I looked up and my mom was already running downstairs, when she saw me sitting on the sofa—Wet, shivering and broken. In a hurry, she ran to sit beside me. "Where were you? Are you alright?"

"Jimenez Mansion..." I said, my mom's eyes widened upon hearing what I said. She started to shake her head. "I went there... and I regret going there. I shouldn't have gone there, it only broke my heart. It broke my heart to see him there, and maybe that was the last time I'll ever do."

"Vrylle! How many times have I warned you to cut your binding ties with that family?! With that guy! I can't believe you disobeyed me again, I told you to stop your madness over him!" My mom said, I feel crushed as I clearly heard the anger in her voice. "What did he do to you?! God Vrylle! This wouldn't happen if only you listened to me!"

"Mom... go easy on her. Let Gaia explain." I looked at Cyean when he started to speak. I sniffled and stayed quiet, not wanting to tell her what happened anymore. "You can't just yell at Vrylle without letting her explain. She's hurting and you're hurting her even more."

"Stay out of this Rive." Mom said while looking at Cyean, after that, she looked back at me with angry eyes. I sighed, I had to tell her the truth, I don't want to be left misunderstood. "So? Aren't you going to say anything Vry? You're just going to sit there? Tell me! What did he do to you?!"